Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Finger Lakes State Park, Columbia Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finger Lakes State Park, Columbia Missouri

Went to Finger Lakes for the first time last weekend. Mud, ruts, and hills! A lot of slow, more technical riding than I have done so far. Good practice and confidence builder for the trip to H/M this Fall. The trails are usually wide, and have multiple lines to choose from. Some of the up-hills led to a sharp turn at the top, and a steep fall off a bluff if you miss the turn. Spent most of the time on the trails in Low range crawling over and through stuff.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

been there! had a great time with family riding.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am heading there this weekend. This will be my first time at an actually ORV park. Typically, I ride with my friends on their farms and attempt medium difficulty hills and creeks. What do you suggest for a first timer at Finger Lakes? What about what to bring? So far I have a tire repair kit with a inflation pump just in case a flat tire. We plan on riding all day Saturday and some on Sunday.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Oldman800, I know your ride was from a couple of months ago, but if you have any pics, I sure would like to see them. Sounds like my kind of trials (slow and technical) !!

Old 10-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Hey Oldman800, I know your ride was from a couple of months ago, but if you have any pics, I sure would like to see them. Sounds like my kind of trials (slow and technical) !!
Sorry, no trail pics of Finger Lakes, just some muddy quads. From your pics, it will be a little different for you. The trails are mostly in the woods. Beside the mud in the bottoms, and rutted trails up the hills, you'll have a lot of trees to dodge. Make sure you have a flag on your bike, they are required. Also don't ask at the office for a trail map, they don't have one! The trails all loop around, so you won't get lost, but it would be nice if they numbered them and had maps so you can plan a route. You planning a trip to Missouri to ride? We have another State Park with trails in SW Missouri, St.Joe State Park. Also trails in the Mark Twain National Forest near Black MO. There are several private areas also. One of the newest is Leerjak in Piedmont MO. It is a really nice place to.We rode it once this summer. didn't find anything too technical, but the mudacross track looks like it could be interesting!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 AM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oldman800
Sorry, no trail pics of Finger Lakes, just some muddy quads. From your pics, it will be a little different for you. The trails are mostly in the woods. Beside the mud in the bottoms, and rutted trails up the hills, you'll have a lot of trees to dodge.
YEP!!! Sounds like the kind of trails I like. If I can ever get to the mountains again I'll take some pics of the trails I ride there, they are a blast. Allot of slow rocky and rutted up trails. I haven't been in over a year so they should be real interesting once I get to go again.