Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

12th Annual Cochranton Poker Run and Atv Rally - Official Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 01:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I attended the poker run and was advised to bring my son. I was was told it was something he will never forget. They were 100% correct we felt it was totally awsome. Now it is something he will have to always remember becuase hes not 18. Its a shame the lawyers get in the way of good family fun.

Old 03-18-2001, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer

Our ATV club received a flyer from the Allegheny Highland Pulling Assoc. Inc. this week and I was surprised to see that it specifically states "NO ALCOHOL" when explaining details and rules of the camping situation. I'm all for the "no booze on the trail" rule or "no boozed up idiots on the trail" rule, but I can't see why they wouldn't let you drink the nights prior to the Poker Run.

Does this info sound correct? I know there is plenty of bad info circulating around about this event, but this flyer came straight from the AHPA.

Old 03-19-2001, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Steve

Does the age 18 also apply to the bike guys, too?

NetFishing

Old 03-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

does anyone know what hours they let you ride on this run?

Old 03-20-2001, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

fappleman, wear your sticker with pride! You'd be surprised at how many comments you'll get with that muddy ole sticker still on your helmet!

Jd, the idea is not prohibition, but to camp with some manners...unlike last year. Have a good time and enjoy yourselves, but do it without turning the place into a zoo (speaking to the general public). Remember, this ride is one of the biggest rides in the country...all eyes are on this event...plus we need to have a good showing for Pennsylvania's DCNR, Fish Commission, Game Commission, tree huggers, and local authorities for this event to continue year after year.

Net, yea it pertains to the motercycles as well.

scram, the starting time is 8am Saturday morning thru the daylight hours.

Old 03-20-2001, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

But what time do they let the people ride the trails. As if you rode one trail and wanted to go on a nother one?

Old 03-20-2001, 11:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Keep everything under control, act civilized, and have a good time, it's not likely anyone is going to bother anybody.

Old 03-20-2001, 11:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

A slight correction here, we have not been encountering the legal difficulties with the Dirt Bikes compared to the 3 and 4 wheelers. Thus, there is no age restriction at this time. You'll still need an adult with you if you're under 16.

Old 03-20-2001, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

There seems to be a discrepency here on whether the age for the bikes is the same or not for the quads. I read my flyer and it sounds like it applies only to the 3 & 4 wheelers. My flyer also states that the age is 16, I hope that doesn't cause any grief to those who don't know about having to be 18 to ride this year.

Old 03-21-2001, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider

How about a few more porta-johns this year? There just wasnt enough of them last year.

Quick Reply: 12th Annual Cochranton Poker Run and Atv Rally - Official Information