Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

looking for some where to ride im michigan

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for some where to ride im michigan

looking for somewhere to ride. any little places in michigan in the southern part of michigan let me know.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Range Rover
Scared to death of girls!

The southernmost place to ride legally in Michigan is the Mounds.

here's the link:

The Mounds ORV Area

It's not far from Flint, Michigan. We went there are few times when we first started riding. It's a couple hundred acres, and you can do it all in a day..but it's fun.

We also went to Mio to ride. The trails there, especially Bull gap, were pretty entertaining and we had a good time.

What messed us up was going to ride down in Tennessee, once we rode the mountains, riding in Michigan just wasn't fun any more. I guess it all depends on what sort of terrain you like to ride and Michigan just didn't have it. But, I'd recommend giving those two places a shot.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Range Rover

Sorry 440x but that is not the southern most place to ride in Michigan. Look up Bundy Hill Offroad Park. Hell I'll even post the link Bundy Hill Off Road - Jerome, MI - ATV/ORV Riding Trails It's a relatively new park but is getting great reviews. It's off 12 about 30 mins west of the Speedway. Haven't made it there myself yet but as soon as the weather breaks and I get my machine fixed' or I just buy the Renegade that I want I will be up there a lot this year. Check it out and have fun.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Range Rover

I'll stand corrected on that... when I left michigan a few years ago, the mounds was the only place near Detroit... it's about time they added at least one other place. I watched some of the videos and it looks alright to me. Of course, here in West Virginia, I got all the riding I need and it's only 36 miles from door to camping spot. Awesome...

Old 02-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Range Rover

I do agree with you there 400x. West Virginia has outstanding trails. The wife and I went down last June and had a blast. Just wish it wasn't a 10 hour drive to get down there. We will be back sometime. Sounds like you got a good set-up down there.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Range Rover

Oh yeah, it's great being so close to the action. I can be in our spot way back in the woods, in about an hour. When I lived in Michigan, we were driving 9 hours to ride at Windrock, in Tennessee. I went 30 times over 3 years...and loved every minute of it.

Did it really take you 10 hours to get here? I live just west of Charleston, and I can be in Detroit in 5 1/2 hours if I'm pushing it a little. I usually don't, and stopping to have breakfast I can do it in 6 1/2. IMO, 9 hours to ride isn't too ridiculous..or it is, and we were just too addicted to admit that driving down to Windrock for a long weekend, wasn't the best thing to do...lol

Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Trailblazer

damn i need to come check the hm trails out

Trending Topics

Old 02-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Range Rover

Ya it took about 10 hours but there was construction going thru Galopolis (sp). that added about an hour to the trip. Plus I think my route from Charleston to Gilbert could have been better. Oh well it's about the journey right?

Old 02-28-2010, 07:40 PM
Range Rover

Like a lot of West Virginia, there is NO better way to get there...lol

I take 35 to Chillicothe up to Columbus when I go to Michigan, it's the best way to do that part...I also take 119 down to near Gilbert, but 119 starts right there in Charleston, and for you, that would be out of your way. I've never been on highway 52, but that would be the most direct route, but some of those roads are God awful. But..if ya wanna play, ya gotta pay.

Well...you do, I get to go 36 miles.... LOL

Ever go to the Badlands? When we first went to Windrock, we were gonna do two or three days there, then three or four at the Badlands... we never made the Badlands..after riding on a half million acres in the Oak Ridge area, we didn't see any reason to go anywhere else. We put over 6000 on our machines there...

I've completely hijacked your thread...sorry

Old 02-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Range Rover

Ya sorry about jackin' your thread ridekfx. Your right about Badlands though 400x. It is only about 800 acres so after Windrock it doesn't compare. But it's only about 2hours away for me so it's one of the closest. No matter where I go it's at least a 2 hour drive, Unless you count the farm I take my kids to. About 5 mins down the road plus there is about 4 acres we can ride behind my house. And I'm in city limits! Not to bad for where I'm at.

Quick Reply: looking for some where to ride im michigan