Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MISSISSIPPI

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-1999, 11:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there anyone in these forums from MS other than me? We have plenty of trails to ride around here that's centrally located to 6-8 riders. We have pretty easy trails, but with a few spots you can try your skills, but mostly we go for a good time. I'm intersted if anyone else in the state has a similar set-up and maybe swap out a ride. We're in Aberdeen right on the 4 lane, with a nice Best Western that my aunt works at and might give us a deal. We always have plenty to eat and drink, with a cook-out alot of the time...just depends on what everyone wants to do.

If you live in or near northeast Mississippi, drop me a line.

Todd

Old 10-10-1999, 03:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

my mom lives in meridian, ms and i go see her a lot...been kinda searching for somewhere in ms to ride b/c places are kinda scarce here in al..

------------------
Tha Crazy Cknweasel '00 400ex..picked up 7-24-99 '85 lt250r..in the making

Old 10-12-1999, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'm from Starkville. The best places I've found to ride are Trace State Park near Tupelo, and the Meridian Motorcycle Club has permission to use some land in Meridian.

Todd: Where do you ride? There is a lake up in that area that has some ride areas I belive.

Cknweasel: Ever been to Kentuck OHV area? I've been there twice, its a great place to ride.

Old 10-27-1999, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

I live in Corinth, MS not far from you. I do a lot of riding in Sharps Bottom and also Berrys bottom. Its pretty good, but I'm interested in where you ride. Is it muddy?

Old 10-27-1999, 09:43 PM
Range Rover

ALRIGHT! I thought I was the only one in here! Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

I live on Hwy 45 in the metropolis of Lackey, MS. It's b/w Aberdeen and Columbus, and the only way you would know is by the watertower bearing the name, but the good news is that I live on the 4lane directly across from the tower.

We ride behind my house...it turns into country roads and woods. We have some mud, not alot ('course none of us have any mud right now) but what we do have it pretty rough. If it's mud you want, we can oblige...if it's hills, hollers, and power lines, we can do that, too.

I've never ridden Trace, but I've heard alot about it. I also hear it's the same trail as the horses...do they swap it up? Also, Sardis has about 30+ miles of trails...never been there, either. But, I would like to ride both. Maybe rent a cabin and ride all day and a night. We do most of our riding at night, anyway...everyone works and all.

Zombie, have you ridden in Prentiss county? My wife lived there for 3 years before we married...know quite a few folks in that area.

Ed, please tell me your not a State fan
I played football for Ole Miss.

Ya'll keep in touch and maybe we can work out some ride swappin'....I keep trying to get my bunch to load up and go somewhere, but it's hard to coordinate 12 folks most of the time.

From God's Country
Todd Irvin

Old 11-02-1999, 10:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Haven't done any riding in Prentiss, I'm about like you its hard to get a bunch of folks together, we usually just ride here locally. One of these days I plan on taking a trip to Utah to go on the greatest atv ride ever. 300 miles of trails through the Rocky Mountains with over a 1000+ miles of side trails. Its about 1700 miles from here though. That will be my lifetime goal, to ride and camp for three days in the Rockies. Marysvale is the town in utah its centeres around. Check it out: www.marysvale.org

Later
Zombee

Old 11-02-1999, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry the post took so long, we spent all weekend at the Lorretta Lynns trail ride, and the computer was messed up yesterday, anyway...

Trace is ALWAYS muddy, especially in the winter. We still have a little mud, even now.
Todd: Yes, we occasionally see a group of horse riders on the trail (they ride the
same ones we do), but only about once every month or so. They are really nice though,
and the horses are used to quads. The rangers think we have 30 miles, but its probably closer to 45. You can ride all day and not cross your paths. The trails are fairly tough some big hills, with lots of roots and ruts.

Yes I am a state fan. My dad works there, so I am obliged.

[This message has been edited by EdSmith (edited 11-02-1999).]

Old 11-02-1999, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

Sounds great on the Trace riding, Ed. Do you know about their cabins? How available are they and maybe how much? My wife's a horse nut and it'd make for a good weekend.
Zombee- that's a pretty good goal! The 1700 miles would be tough, but the camping would really probably do me in...I'm gettin' too old (well, probably more lazy than old) to do that kind of camping...but maybe if a motorhome could be a "chase vehicle"???? then I'm your man!

Old 11-13-1999, 07:24 AM
Range Rover

Im from Florence,AL, which is in the extreme NW corner...i ride in Waterloo all the time
next to tishamingo co...how far away are you?

Old 11-14-1999, 07:49 PM
Range Rover

Tish. Co. is about an 1-1/2hr north of me. I live between Columbus and Tupelo

Quick Reply: MISSISSIPPI