Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield McCoy

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfield McCoy

I just booked my cabin and we (wife, our 10yr old son, and my brother inlaw) are heading down last week in June into July. We are staying Gilbert off RT52/80 near the Rock House Trail head (5mi away).

If anyone has tips like good spots to eat, things to check out ect I would like to hear them. This is our first trip and pretty much heading down blind other than what we read on internet...

Thanks
Scott

Old 04-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Range Rover

man you gotta be stoked, we plan to head down at some point. I don't have any tips but would appreciate any you can post up after your trip. How did you decide to drop off at Rock House? Also, what are those cabins going to run you. Thanks.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
man you gotta be stoked, we plan to head down at some point. I don't have any tips but would appreciate any you can post up after your trip. How did you decide to drop off at Rock House? Also, what are those cabins going to run you. Thanks.
Yeah I'm very excited about this trip, been watching you tube videos of the trail system and getting real pumped up about the trip. The only bad part is it's a 12hr drive for me and I'm towing 4 quads..

I paying $175.00 per night for 4 of us, but my brother in law is paying $50.00 per night of that 175.

As far as picking Rock House, I basically looked a trail maps online and made my decision base on difficulty levels.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Scott3710
I just booked my cabin and we (wife, our 10yr old son, and my brother inlaw) are heading down last week in June into July. We are staying Gilbert off RT52/80 near the Rock House Trail head (5mi away).

If anyone has tips like good spots to eat, things to check out ect I would like to hear them. This is our first trip and pretty much heading down blind other than what we read on internet...

Thanks
Scott

Gilbert is a real small town so there are not a lot of choices for a Restaurant I liked wally's it right at the entrance to the trail, also there was a kick *** NY style pizza place cant remember the name but it's around the coroner from the Movie Hut , there is a grocery store (newer) good size, also have Hardys, and McDonald's.

The trails are really good. if it's wet it's WEt if it's dry it's DUSTY. Awesome views from all the trails.

try to make it to the Rock house on top of mountain.

the trails will take you to a town called man. there you can eat lunch, get fuel. there is a hardware store there also. Food is wendy, pizza, hardys, a couple of small restaurants.

do bring towels and water to clean your goggles. make life a lot easier when you can see where your going..lol

hope you have a safe trip ( my haul is 14-15 hours from CT.), i go 2-3 times a yr. it's definitely worth the trip!

we stay at the Big Bear Lodge it's a nice house washer dryer fire pit covered patio big kitchen. big u shaped driveway ,park the trucks and ride to all on quads food ,trails. click on home to see there website
Home
and the price is somewhat lower then scott posted..

post some pics when you get back

ATVJUMPERS

Old 04-22-2010, 05:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Thanks for the info..

ATVjumper - Great info! My drive will be 13-14 hours from Massachusetts. I will post pics or maybe a video.

Have you ever heard of Jericho Lake State Park for ATV riding. I may try that later this summer after our Hatfield trip. It's MUCH closer, not sure how good it is, but it's 7600 acres.

New Hampshire State Parks - Jericho Lake State Park - NewHampshire.com

Thanks again everyone.

Old 04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Scott3710
ATVjumper - Great info! My drive will be 13-14 hours from Massachusetts. I will post pics or maybe a video.

Have you ever heard of Jericho Lake State Park for ATV riding. I may try that later this summer after our Hatfield trip. It's MUCH closer, not sure how good it is, but it's 7600 acres.

New Hampshire State Parks - Jericho Lake State Park - NewHampshire.com

Thanks again everyone.
yea still 8 -9 hrs drive i would like go there this yr. i been following it before it opened. NH has some really nice place to ride.

i'm off 91 on mass ct line Pisgah State Park is only 60 miles to trail from me it's a small place but very scenic.

have a great trip and please post some pics..

atvjumpers

Old 04-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you guys are looking for a place to stay that is very close to the trails, book with KST. Send an email or call to make a reservation. All of the info is below:

KST Trails House
On Main St.,(close to Billie Ann's Restaurant)
Rt.52 Main Street,Gilbert,W.V.,25621
304-784-3952
845-300-8510
email: ksttrails@yahoo.com
4 Person or people in one room ------ $120(First day)
After first day $25 per person per day.
"For a smaller group please call for the price".
During winter we offer 20% discount.

Trending Topics

Old 04-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

We were there last September. Myself along with my son, his wife, and her parents. You are in for an unforgettable time. We also had a long drive, from Missouri, so we didn't ride the day we got there, but in the remaining 6 days we rode over 250 miles of some of the most beautiful, and fun to ride trails we have ever seen. We rode Rockhouse 3 times, spent a day each at Buffalo Mountain, Pinnacle Creek, and Bear Wallow.
In addition to the magnificent riding, you will meet the friendliest, and most sincere people you will ever have the chance to meet.
As atvjumpers said, the Pizza place in Gilbert, and Wally's are GREAT.
Ride safe, and have a great time.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

Are there any campsites near Gilbert? I'm headed down there this weekend, from upstate NY..

Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

Hello Justme,
I would go to the Hatfield and McCoy Trails - Your Atv Vacation, Atv Campgrounds, Atv Parks, Atv Riding, Trail Atv at TrailsHeaven.com
web site you will see all the camp grounds listed in Gilbert

they are all right on or just off the trail, either way you will be able to ride to the trails on you ATV or Bike,

I have not heard any problems staying at any of the campgrounds...........

Best of luck and you Will Have The Time Of You Life.

Enjoy and have a safe trip.. please post some pics. when you get back and let us know how and where your stay was..

Thanks

ATVJUMPERS

Quick Reply: Hatfield McCoy