Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-1999, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lesterville at Parks Bluff got shut down after memorial day. They may have opened it back up to atv's and 4x4 trucks... Suttons Bluff is a different place than lesterville but near it.... I was at fingerlakes 2 weekends ago.. They had a bobcat out on the MX track doing some work. I am going to Flat river Saturday (oct, 30th) EBO was shut down, but a friend of mine just rode there last weekend??? So who knows... Rivermont (PARTY TOWN) Has been shut down for years after it flooded a bunch of campers... I have the news footage on video tape... All my family members where camping and riding there and was on the news.. They lost all there camping gear and flooded 2 92 ford f-150's... SO I believe it was 92 when it was shut down..... I ride with Jerry... I am 1 of the 10 people... Hey jerry I have 2 more friends who ride with us now... =)

Brian 96 banshee T5's, Prodesign/K&N filter kit, Carbon Fiber Boyseen Reeds...
www.spiff.net/~fooshead/frames9.htm

Old 10-27-1999, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

wish I could go ride in november but every weekend I have something going on...With Deer rifle season and thanksgiving I guess I have to wait until a nice December day..

Old 10-27-1999, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

JayPolaris - What ATV do you have? You live close to Finger Lakes and so do I. Would you like to go riding sometime? It would be great fun although there is really nothing there that a quad can't do... maybe you need to come to my house!

Let me know.
MaxRules

Old 10-30-1999, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

max6x6 sounds good to me.... I live in Lincoln county and Columbia (finger lakes) is about 70 minutes away....I have to take a rain check until the first part of dec. my November is pretty busy. I will have to get a hold of you in late november.. I have a Explorer 300 4x4

[This message has been edited by jaypolaris (edited 10-30-1999).]

Old 11-25-1999, 07:35 AM
Trailblazer

reposting on this thread to keep it alive for those looking for places to ride in missouri

Old 11-26-1999, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds like we have more than ten riders in missouri to get together sometime.
I am in St. Louis and ready to ride any weekend it is nice enough.
Looking more for trail and woods than sand riding, need some scenery that changes...

Put me on your mail list for get togethers.

I am riding in Iron County this weekend on private property since I am not even state registered yet.

2000 300EX - taxes not even paid yet.

Jas'

Old 12-30-1999, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

Anybody been to Chadwick riding area lately, wondering how it compares to Sutton's bluff area, Anyone been to both places?

Old 12-30-1999, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

I've never been to Suttons Bluff or Chadwick, but I do ride St. Joe alot. For you guys that say it's mostly sand, did you miss the 1000 acres of wooded trails?
I'm going to try to go friday(the 31st).
This is the first time I've heard of suttons bluff.Anyone know where I can get more info?

P.S. I'm in southeast Mo. and I ride POLARIS.

[This message has been edited by codeman (edited 12-30-1999).]

Old 12-31-1999, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know of really nice place in Deepwater Mo. It is over by Truman Lake and is between Clinton And Collins. It has trails a small Track, and some steephills i know my dad turned his over ,broke his foot and collar bone. OUCH!!! I can't rember the name of the park but it is goverment funded and free!! You should check her out!

Old 01-01-2000, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Before you go to Deepwater, check the weather report a few days in advance! If there is the slightest chance of rain hold off.It did'nt get that name for no reason at all.

Same with Finger Lakes. When dry the trails are fun. After a rain the Missouri clay comes out and makes them a real pain. And, of course the MX track gets very rutted, but I've heard they are taking beter care of it now?

St. Joe is great beacuse the sand (in the flats) usually soaks up most of the rain. The trail are different than F.L., in the sense that they don't get as muddy, although there are some spots that get swamped. Thats where you'll find all the 4X4's, it kinda cool to watch some of them.

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Quick Reply: Missouri