Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-1999, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know of any places to ride in eastern Missouri? Ive been to flat river and finger lakes but wondered if there is more?

thanks

Anyone out there from Missouri?

[This message has been edited by jaypolaris (edited 10-21-1999).]

Old 10-22-1999, 08:39 AM
Trailblazer

The best place i've found to ride is Sutton's bluff, between Lesterville and Centerville Missouri off of hywy 21, a lot of woods trails and a thousand times better than st. joe, bout 2hr drive from st.louis, I will be there this weekend, you need either a daily or yearly permit to ride there from national forest service, you will also need a 10 dollar permit in addition to ride the reynolds county gravel roads that connect the trail system, permits are available at the sutton's bluff campground or at the little store in centerville. If you need any more info drop me a line.

Old 10-23-1999, 02:06 PM
Range Rover

I know there is a place near Hillboro, Mo called Rivermont. It's been 5 or 6 years since we've been there so I don't know if it's still open or not. It's right off Hwy. 21. I have the phone nunber and directions somewhere, I'll look for it and if I find it I'll post another reply

Old 10-23-1999, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Is that where they raced the State TT Championships a few months ago?

Read the thread from the guy in Southern Illinois, a few guyys from STL mades some posts. I ride (although I'm done for the year) with a group than can get as big as 10 people (mostly sport style quads)on a good day, E-mail me and I'll give you the details.

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 10-24-1999, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

I live in mid Missouri and have been to Finger Lakes. It's a lot of fun and I will be going back soon. I was thinking of going to St. Joe soon. Is it any good? I would also like to know of more places here in Missouri.

Old 10-24-1999, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

Rivermont has been closed to atv's for a few years now.

Old 10-24-1999, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

St. joes is a little more restrictive that finger lakes. They have closed the big hill and its just sand dunes pretty much. Finger lakes has that moto track and its pretty cool.
I am really interested in suttons bluff near centerville and was wondering where to get more info on it.

Trending Topics

Old 10-24-1999, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer

From my experience Finger lakes is better suited for dirt bikes and hill climbing, St. Joe is good if you like to drag race and sand, Sutton's bluff and Chadwick are great for woods trail riding, for either quads or dirt bikes. Sutton's bluff has improved campground with fee or primitive sites which I prefer, chadwick and Sutton's bluff require national forest permits to ride trail system. $35.00 a year or 5 bucks a day is the cost and are available from the Salem mo, office of Mark twain national forest.(573) 729-6656. You will also need a 10 dollar permit to ride reynolds county gravel roads which connect the trail system at Sutton's bluff. These are obtainable at the campground , the centerville store or through the renolds county clerks office. There is also a place near Potosi mo called ebo and one near caladonia mo that I have never been to and would like to find out more info about.Rivermont is closed to riders now. These are the places I am aware of.

Old 10-25-1999, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

Ebo (not sure of the spelling) is a private property riding area, although a lot of people frequent it. I've never been myself, but I hear there are some good hill climbs, and trails there.

Sutton's Bluff? I think everyone I ride with just calls it Lesterville. Are they they same place? I saw a dude get his skull fractured on Memorial Day (no helmet on, flipped his Banshee over, and the bearing carrier introduced itself to his skull). I'm not sure if he even lived! That place gets pretty rowdy on a holliday weekend!

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 10-26-1999, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

I believe the place in lesterville that you are refering to is parks bluff campground with the mud pit for monster trucks it is not the same place as sutton's bluff. Parks bluff was closed to atv's this year due to someone being killed on an atv.

Quick Reply: Missouri