Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Virginia/northwest

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-1999, 09:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for some people to hook up with to ride. Hopefully someone who has young kids so that my 2 boys will have someone to ride with. We live near Front Royal/Winchester, VA.

also looking for a place where they might be able to race......any ideas?

Old 11-01-1999, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Near Winchester, off Interstate 81, you'll find Tasker's Gap Off-Road-Vehicle (ORV) area in George Washington National Forest.

Directions and trail maps are available on the Northern Virginia Trail Riders website, nvtr.org.

Further, you may access the entire George Washington/Jefferson National Forest ORV areas through links posted in the feature article, "Tasker's Gap . . .", accessible from the ATV Connection home page.

Also in the article is the telephone number of the Faquier Free Wheelers ATV Club President; these guys know lots of places to ride.

Tree Farmer

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 11-01-1999).]

Old 11-01-1999, 06:48 PM
Range Rover

thanks treefarmer.......I will check into that.....any ideas about where to race?

Old 11-05-1999, 03:29 AM
Range Rover

Tasker's Gap has over 25 miles of trails and there is a 4x4 and ATV trail right across the road from Tasker's called Powell Mountain road. It is 7 miles long and has quite a few jumps and different trail material along with creeks to cross. It is in Fort Valley kinda. It's on route 675 between the Fort and Edinburg. I live in Strasburg so were not too far apart.

------------------
Jeremiah Lucas

1989 Yamaha Banshee

Old 11-05-1999, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A motley crew plans riding Powell Mountain/Peters Mill Run Trail/Road and Tasker's Gap November 5, 6, and perhaps part of the 7th.

"Headquarters" is Little Fort Recreation Area. Some participants will be in a vintage Pace Arrow motor home and white pool service van.

Maps and driving directions can be found at www.nvtr.org.

Tree Farmer

[This message has been edited by Tree Farmer (edited 11-05-1999).]

Old 11-05-1999, 08:52 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info Venom.....I would suggest that we hook up sometime.....but I am afraid I might have some trouble keeping up with you & your Banshee

I don't even have a bike of my own right now. All I own are the kids bikes......quadsport 80
yamaha moto4 80cc
honda 4trax 70 cc
honda xr 50cc.....

Once the kids get a little older and can handle their machines a little better (next summer) I will most likely buy a 400ex.

what I would like to do is get the kids to a track & get them started racing. The oldest one does pretty well right now, and he needs a little competition to help him improve his skills.

I have no clue where they race around here. I have checked the net, and can't find any atv races......what gives?

Old 11-11-1999, 04:53 PM
Range Rover

There will be a group of us heading up to Tasker's Gap on the 27th and 28th of Nov. Let's meet and ride, the more the better.

Steve