Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

south ms. and al. riding spots

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live in south mississippi and am looking for places to ride in south mississippi and south alsbama, heard about a place near mobile al. called spanish fort but cant get any details. if anyone knows of this area or others pleas give me details and directions. dont care much for tight trails, more into more open areas with hills, jumps, some mud, some trail but not real tight, like to get past second and third gear sometimes

Old 03-03-2001, 05:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I live in Mobile,near the MS state line.There is a club with members from South MS. and AL. that ride right near my house at Miller's Park and they also ride at the Spanish Fort trails. Spanish Fort is the exit you take after you cross Mobile Bay on I-10 going toward FL.Never been to those trails,but the club' website shows some decent pics.I'm sure they can give you directions. Miller's Park is also a good place to ride. There is another good place to ride around here,that everyone calls the "Pipeline". Its on Hwy 98(Moffett Rd.) about 10 miles east of the MS. state line in Wilmer,AL. We ride around there all the time. There's a lo0o0ong dirt road that connects all the trails,there's streams,mud,a lake,hillclimbs,jumps,and of course the wide open dirt road. Let me know if you need directions to Miller's Park or the Pipeline. The club can give ya info on Spanish Fort. South Alabama Trailblazers,Glenn Clark,13011 Forts Lake Rd.,Pascagoula,MS 39581. His # is (228) 475-8887 and email is glenn clark@prodigy.net The web addy to the site is http://www.atving.com/club/satb/ I found all this info in the ATV Clubs section of AtvConnection .....Good Luck

Old 03-03-2001, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

the club you mentioned is where i seen the pictures of spanisn fort, i have tried to cpntact them at the phone # listed and e-mail address, the phone number is wrong and the e-mail address has been shut down, all e-mails have been returned saying there is no such address. i even posted inquiries on several forums trying to get one of the members to get in contact with me but none have. the pipeline sounds like our kind of riding so yes please give me directions, i will be comming up i-10 from gulfport ms.i found a site on millers park but it sounded like tight trails, if not please describe. thanks for answering

Old 03-03-2001, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think i tried e-mailing them too,but it was sent back. Have you tried snail mail? Anyways,i know Millers Park does have a big wide open sandy unloading area,but i've never been in the trails. Here are the directions to the Pipeline.Take the Montgomery exit(I-65 North) go about 7? miles there is the Moffett Rd. exit. Keep to your right and go under the interstate towards Semmes. Its about 15 miles down Moffett Rd. After passing under the interstate,you'll pass 11 red lights,the the road turns into 2-lane and you'll come into a town called Fairview.Pass a gass station called Buddy's,then you'll see a bar and a Texaco.The road right past it on the right is it.Turn there and the pavement turns to dirt and thats where to ride. The pipeline is about a mile down on the left...swimming hole,mud,sand. Its pretty fun all around there. Let me know,maybe I can ride with ya and show ya everything.

Old 03-03-2001, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the directions, i may bring my boys there in a couple of weeks, my old quadsport that i ride is waiting for some new parts. i tore it down to the bare frame, put in new piston, rings, axle bearings, handlebars, grips, painted frame and anything else that could be painted. i put it back together and on its maiden ride i threw the chain and messed up the stator plate cover real bad, so now its waiting for new cover chain and rear sprocket and hopefully i'll be riding again, when i get ready to go to the pipeline i'll post it on here and maybe we can meet up there.