Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Android App for ATV and Off-Road riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Android App for ATV and Off-Road riders

Hey all,
I am a total "visitor" to this site but I thought others might be interested in this so I am sharing it. I'm a dirtbike guy but I know a lot of ATV guys as well.

So there are two things I'm into- Dirtbiking and Android. A few months ago I decided to try my hand at learning a new skill- I wanted to learn how to make an application for Android phones. Needless to say it was a humbling learning experience that often times had me literally banging my head against the wall

I just finished my first app and of course- it's a dirtbike app! It's called Moto mApps. It lets explore new and old riding areas and lets you view the trail maps right on your phone. I made it because I got tired of fumbling with humongous paper trail maps on the trail trying to figure out where I was. I thought it would be useful on my own trail-rides and there aren't any apps geared towards off-road people like us.

I would LOVE feedback from more riders. Please be honest and maybe a little gentle as I had absolutely no experience with this whole coding/app writing business prior to making this sucker.

Thanks everyone- Enjoy!

Check it out from your desktop pc here- Moto mApps Oregon FREE - Android app on AppBrain

OR

Scan this whacky-looking barcode with your Android phone

OR

Just search for "Moto mApps" on your android phone.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great idea!!! I guess ill have to wait on a version for Midwest states. Illinois Indiana Missouri
Hope to see them soon!