Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to Ride near Houston Tx

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2000, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yamahonda,
Gee, you're close. I live near North
Eldridge and Spring Cypress. I saw the
post about the San Jacinto river bottom.
I grew-up near the Sam Houston National
Forest and remember dirt biking a bunch
of trails west of New Waverly back in
the '70s.
Want to learn more........

MikeyB

Old 01-16-2000, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

mikeyb,

There are many places to ride in Katy. A popular starting point is just east of the Cinemark on Grand Parkway off I-10. There are quite a few trails starting there. You can head east and make your way along the bayous and make it to the Addicks reservior. There are quite a few back woods trails there. You can continue from there and head out to Richmond, from there you can get to Southwest Houston.

If you go north, you can follow bayous to Rolling Creek. It is by Barker Cypress and Clay Road. This area is very nice, lots of trails, good riding. Be careful there, cops have been cracking down there mostly on full-size vehicles. You can continue from Rolling Creek and make it to 290 via bayous. There are numerous washouts along the way, be sure to have a riding buddy with you just in case.

All of these trips can be made from the Grand Parkway location along bayous. There are many more. Let me know if you want a guided tour. I mean ride along buddy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by phalynx (edited 01-16-2000).]

Old 01-19-2000, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Phalynx,

Sound good to me. BTW, what kind of rig
do you have. Reading your post on the areas
you ride to and back you must carry extra
fuel. Or do you stop at some gas stations
along the way? Gee, I fill up my Prairie 300 4x4 about every 50 miles or so! (or so it seems)
Shoot me a e-mail when ya'll ready to go
out so I can check with my coordinator! =

MikeyB

Old 01-19-2000, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

mikeyb,

I have a Rancher 4X4. We refuel once usually. We stop a gas stations that are convient to the bayous. I just got the Rancher. I had 2 trx300's before this one so I don't know how far I can get on a tank. Never switched to reserve yet. I have been 50 miles on the Rancher and it showed about 1/3 tank left. If I use the method car manufacturers use, that really means about 10% left.

I've got your email and I'll shoot one to you the next big adventure. Probably pretty soon....

Tell your coodinator you are gathering research for an up and coming biography of your life. It might work....

Old 01-20-2000, 10:34 AM
Range Rover

mikeyb,

Yeah you are close, I live in Canterbury Forest not too fat at all from you. My Mom lives in Lakewood right off Grant and Lakewood Forest drive. I've lived in this area for about 12 years. There used to be so many trails around that area. Now compaq and new housing developments have taken over . You could always go late at night and ride the golf course at Tree Line .

Phalynx,
If you all do decide to go on a ride, shoot me an email. Sounds like you cover some distance out there in Katy. I used to work off Eldridge and I-10 and have several friends that have recently purchased houses in Cinco Ranch so I am somewhat familiar with the area. Lord knows I've been to Wild West Honda a few times. That place has never failed me as far as having parts in stock for the 4x4 crowd. Let me know if you guys plan a ride. Thanks!

Fyi....I have a Grizzly, Foreman ES, and a Honda 300 4x4.

[This message has been edited by YamaHonda (edited 01-20-2000).]

Old 01-20-2000, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

YamaHonda,
Yep, you're close. I used to live right
down Louetta in Heatherwood. I now live
in The Park @ Glen Arbor off of Spring
Cypress. About 300yds as the crow flies
from Treeline. Its a good time right now
in the new neighborhood to ride because
section II is going in. Lots of dirt to
play in. But the Constables patrol the
area alot.
I've been at Compaq for 15 years now and
seen this whole area growup. Gee, I remember
SH 149 being 2 lanes and a 4 way stop at 1960
when I was a kid! (yes I'm a old fart!)
BTW, my two rides (for dirt) is a '82 Honda
ATC 200 Big Red and a '99 Kawasaki Prairie
300 4x4.

See ya'll soon.............

MikeyB

Old 08-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Where to Ride near Houston Tx

Anyone know of a good place close to Pearland?

Old 03-02-2007, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Where to Ride near Houston Tx

Mel's Place is a must see ATV park. Take 90 East to Sheldon Rd. Right to Old Hwy. 90 and turn right. Cross the river bridge and turn right onto the side road and turn right again. Past the Cantena on the left is Mel's. No sign as such but there's an anchor or something marking the driveway. Pass through the gate and give the fat lady with the dog $5 and check out the lovely parking area with polypoties. That other place over by the motocross is only open weekends but Mel's is open every day. Avoid the National Forest joint for safety and try Mel's for a relaxing ride.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi i would like to get details on this trail. Would u send me an email please

Old 05-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Beltway trails

Originally Posted by phalynx
Spring Creek is the popular place in North Houston. It is off of Cypresswood in Spring. I have heard they have been cracking down there and it is almost impossible to find a place to park. It is certainly worth it though. I ride in Katy on the west side. I have created/discovered/traveled on trails that have allowed a trip from Bellaire and Beltway to 290 and 1960. All off public roads. Bayou's mostly. Send me an email if you are interested in knowing more.

Scott
hi Scott I've been rebuilding my bikes and would like to know about those trails I'm from katy to

Quick Reply: Where to Ride near Houston Tx