Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

(Texas) Shiloh Ridge New Years

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-1999, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are probaly going to <A HREF="http://www.shilohridge.com/">Shiloh Ridge</A> in Alto, TX Dec 29-31 to do some riding. If anyone hasn't been, it's a great place for dirt bikes, sport quads, 4x4 quads, dune buggies, 4wd trucks, jeeps, just about anything. I have been once before, it's great.

Depending on rain, it could be really muddy or could be great trails with some fun mud pits. Last time it rained the whole weekend, nobody was clean!

Just wondering if anyone else is going.

Old 12-29-1999, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Quadman....i havent made up my mind but i might go with some friends this Sat or maybe sunday.........what days u gonna be there
I went there long time ago right after it opened...was not very impressed with it
had to actually look for mud but when we found it we found lots of it in that big field...seems like its better suited for motorcycles and trucks....the trails were real wide and they had all the jumps and stuff.....but ill prob go back and c what has changed

Old 12-30-1999, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

I've been to Shiloh Ridge 3 or 4 times and each time has been a little different. Last time (Halloween weekend) was probably my favorite. They had just bulldozed and built up several of the trails and mudpits and then it rained all Saturday and Saturday night. Definitely lots of clay and mud everywhere. There is quite a variety of terrain. Lots of hills to climb and mudpits to play in. Won't be able to make it for New Years, I administer security on our computer systems, so we're all on-call for Y2K

[This message has been edited by YamaHonda (edited 12-30-1999).]

Old 01-01-2000, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

Well, we went, and loved it again. There was plenty of water-mud, and if you went down into some of the low areas there was some thick water-less mud that ate a few quads alive. The trails were great too, and I had some fun on the tracks. We left Friday morning, but wed & thur there wasn't very many people there, which I liked because the trails were empty.

Last time we went was Haloween too. That was a fun day with all the rain! I can't wait to go back again.