Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Desperately seeking nice Northeast trails w/ camping for late spring!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperately seeking nice Northeast trails w/ camping for late spring!

Hey guys. My buddies and I are searching the northeast for atv trails where we can camp and ride LEGALLY! We are from new york and usually travel with our snowmobiles to ride different places but decided this year to also take our quads somewhere. The property we ride is getting old and we want to try something new. We all have 450's and 400 sport quads so really rocky terrain is out of the question. Everywhere i have been looking at online seems to be shutting down. The place that we are leaning towards is majestic pa. It looks nice, but is also a 6 hour ride. Anyone been there? If not, can anyone give me any good suggestions for either PA,NJ,NY,CT,MA,or RI? thanks a lot

Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

You can camp and ride here and although I haven't been there yet myself I get the impression that they are legislating all the fun out of the park slowly but surely...

Many trails have been temporarily closed to allow nature regeneration or some other tree hugger crap. The ATVs need to be trailered in and out of the campground area. You need to get a permit to ride in the park (maximum 50 per day)...

Mass-holes (I can say that because I was born & raised there)

Pittsfield State Forest

Old 03-01-2011, 02:27 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://forums.atvconnection.com/wher...ts-trails.html

http://forums.atvconnection.com/wher...trails-nh.html

within the top 4 threads in the forum- just below your new question........

there's probably over 100 atv camps in the notrheast.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

Try this one: Cabins, camping sites, & ATV park. Canaan, NH.

It's private park for ATVs, dirtbikes etc. You don't need NH registration since it is private.

More info and pics on this thread: http://forums.atvconnection.com/wher...canaan-nh.html

Old 03-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

What everyone above said or if you want to ride for more then 3 days you could try SSRT and Rock Run in PA. NJ has N0 legal riding so rule that out. I have been wanting to get up to Maine since their are tons of trails to ride with great scenery. How long are you planning your trip for, how many days actual riding?

Old 03-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just got back from riding my sled in maine. Let me just say wow... That place was unbelievable. Would love to take the quad there but it was a 9 hour trip for us. We are only planning on going for a saturday and sunday probably. Get there friday night. I have a 450r so it is geared pretty high. So i am basically looking for nice flat trails w/o too many big rocks. I hate clutching that thing everywhere i go.

Old 03-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

Jackman Maine has perfect trails for sport quads. 100's of miles of trails up there a lot of flat and fast trails.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Northern Maine has hundreds of miles of trails, downeast Maine has the sunrise trail system with alot of logging roads, but hundreds of miles of trails. I've heard Jackman is alot of logging roads, but good scenery. My personal favorite place to ride is northern Maine, not only great riding, but friendly people and can ride to any services you require.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:04 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancher247
Northern Maine has hundreds of miles of trails, downeast Maine has the sunrise trail system with alot of logging roads, but hundreds of miles of trails. I've heard Jackman is alot of logging roads, but good scenery. My personal favorite place to ride is northern Maine, not only great riding, but friendly people and can ride to any services you require.
Northern Maine has thousands of miles of trails

Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah maine is where its at but i live at least 7-8 hours from anywhere in maine. Im really leaning towards majestic trails in PA. It looks nice w/o too many 4x4 sections and it also has a mx track which we are all in to. Has anyone ridden there?

Quick Reply: Desperately seeking nice Northeast trails w/ camping for late spring!