Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

west tn riding

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2000, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there anyone out there that rides the sandpits in Bruceton TN?

Old 01-08-2000, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

How far is brucetown from Memphis?, might have to check that out.

Old 01-09-2000, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer

Bruceton is about 110 miles from Memphis on highway 70 east. I don't think it would be worth your drive. It sounds like a cool place to ride but gets old really fast, sorry dude but I wouldn't make the drive. If you want to get on highway 70 headed toward Nashville, you will get to a town called Huntingdon when you are about halfway to nashville. You are about 10 miles away then. After you go through Huntingdon stay on hwy 70 through Hollow Rock and then through Bruceton. As soon as you start to get out of Bruceton the rode goes from 4 lane to 2 lane when it goes to 2 lane you will cross two little bridges, after the second bridge turn right and follow this gravel road about three miles until you go down this really steep hill. You are there dude!! Just fing a place to unload and go wild. There are 2 main pits to ride in. One has monster hills to climb the other has a couple jumps and some loose sand to play in. The pits are both on the left side of the road you will know it when you get there. After you see the first one go on down a little ways and there is the other. Don't worry about getting in trouble for riding there this is an old traditional riding place for everyone that lives over here, we've been riding it for probably 15 years.

Old 01-10-2000, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

About how many acres of sand is it? It sounds like it could be fun. I sometimes ride on the sandbars of the Mississippi River in the Northwestern Tennessee area close to Reelfoot Lake and Natchez Trace. Tommorrow we are heading for a place called "West Point" close to Lawrenceburg. Supposedly this is a great place with around 25000 acres available. I'll find out tommorrow. If you are aware of any other places I would love to hear about them, especially sand. I have heard of a place near Camden TN so if anyone has any info please pass it on.

------------------

Old 01-11-2000, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

badlt500r The sandpits are probably about 40 acres total maybe 60 it really isn't that big but can be fun if you like hill climbing. Thi sandpits are really just big gullies where this company has mined sand and left the area when most of it is dug out. The sand pits are between Bruceton and Camden so maybe that was the place you heard of, I don't really know of any other riding areas in the Bruceton-Camden area. If you do let me know.

Old 01-21-2000, 06:51 AM
Trailblazer

It's been awhile, but I used to ride the sandpits almost every weekend. I haven't been in almost a year, but every time I'm home I make sure and get out there. I'm from Huntingdon, originally, but I'm currently stationed overseas in Guam. But come April, I'm sure I'll be there quite often.

Out in 3 months!!!

------------------
Michael "Lordmik" Magee

Stranded on a tropical island, for now...