Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern Michigan area

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2001, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DocDom,
M.A.T.V.A can be found by e-mail at
matv@miatvassoc.com
OR you can contact the president of MATVA at 313 562-6130 at his office.You might have to leave a message?

MATVA is really gaining in popularity.It was just founded last yr by Richard Rondeau [President].Richard,along with myself are both ASI safety instructors.Richard is also on the ORV Board of Directors,he is on OUR side.MATVA has around 45 Inaugural members [the ones who actually help fund MATVA]and is currently opened now for normal yearly membership.

Michigan atv riders have very little support for their sport,MATVA is our backer when things get going rough.We will be holding trail rides,trail maintenance programs ect in the very near future.Hope you can join us,
Bill

Old 03-17-2001, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TQO, I will see you this spring/summer. I, with a few of my friends, will be up for sure! Do you have a number for the Hotel??

Bill, I will check out the site and if the cost of membership is in my budget I will certainly join! Unless we get involved more and more of our riding areas will be lost, besides I am very interested in the organized rides and the trail upkeep program. Thanks for these two great posts!

Old 03-17-2001, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't ever made it up to Black lake trails, but have gotten half-way there. We are building a cottage on Lake May, which is between Millersburg and Hawks. Im not sure if anyone's familiar with this area, but there are tons of old logging rail road trails and logging roads, and are mostly all on state land to boot. I know that the mail snowmobile trail from hawks to onaway and on to indian river is closed to wheeled vehicles, but the area around Big Cut (a former gravel pit) has tons of state land and is open to our machines. Im only 16 but Im finally legal :-) .. If anyone's interested in riding somewhere around there give me a holla at my email.

Also, I have land plot ownerships info and topo maps of Presque Isle County if anyone cares to know so you are to be sure to not get lost and stay off private land if possible :-)... Lol ya.

*EDIT* 2nd paragraph

rockerc@mediaone.net

Old 03-19-2001, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Sure hope Bill saw your post Rich... I don't need a TV... It was great last year. I don't know how much better it could be. Plan to be there for the ride and the fun.
Chuck

Old 03-20-2001, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

TQO, I was part of the gang that rode with Bill
& Chuck (we kept them from getting lost...lol). Remember, you owe me a free dinner. The four of us are planning on making the trip this year along with a few more guys.

Kevin

Old 03-20-2001, 06:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

TQO, I was part of the gang that rode with Bill
& Chuck (we kept them from getting lost...lol). Remember, you owe me a free dinner. The four of us are planning on making the trip this year along with a few more guys.

Kevin

Old 03-24-2001, 10:23 AM
TQO
Trailblazer

Everybody's looking for a free lunch. Don't worry, its in the package this year.

We are going ot have lots of bikes this year. My cabin in the woods is full and we have lots of rooms rented already.

I may skip my marlin fishing tournament in Hawaii to come up this year and ride.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI

Old 03-25-2001, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin,
is our buddie Dean going to make it this yr to?You guys were all an absolute blast and we miss yah's.What perfect tour guides!

I just recently became a ASI safety instructor and many of my wk ends are allready booking up for the summer months.I do plan on leaving this July trip open [I hope],
Bill

Old 03-26-2001, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Rich, don't give Kevin, that lunch. Dean, is the guy that saved our entire group including Kevin, from all the trouble of finding ourselves in all the wrong places. He has a great personality and one really good memory. Even the lady manager remembered him from years past, so you know he gets the lunch.
The rest of the group was a lot of fun too. The eight of us got along fine. But I have to admit! I'm a little afraid of the lady manager of TQO. She reminds me of my old first grade teacher, Miss. Crabtree! So I make sure, I'm on the "GQ".
Chuck PS. Sorry Kevin, good one Bill...

Old 03-26-2001, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Chuck, I been waiting a year for that meal....lol. Dean said hes going (unless he has another heart attack). Mike and I on the other hand may not be able to, a friend of ours will be having his annual pig roast for his birthday (40th) that weekend. If it were up to us we would going to the UP, but my wife might have other ideas. Will keep ya posted.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Northern Michigan area