Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern Michigan area

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 11:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to hook up with any groups/individuals during the spring/summer/fall this year. I have ridden the Black Mountain scramble area mostly and would enjoy sharing this area with anyone who would be up this way. I am also very interested in getting to ride some other areas. If you have plans to take a trip to the U.P. or upper lower peninsula this year email me and hopefully we could hook up. I ride a variety of quads based on the type of trails, 'ZILLA, Lt250R, DS 650...I enjoy ANY type of partners, sane, slow, and yea an occasional "Too Fast For Me..."

Old 03-12-2001, 11:47 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

Make sure you come and join our poker run on July 14th weekend this year. (Ya Bill, Chuck and the gang, I may even mark the trails this year. But no TVs in the hotel).

Lots of fun last year and we are hoping for 100 bikes this year. We put it all together in 3 weeks last year and this year we have a little more time.

Happy riding and hope to see ya.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI

Old 03-13-2001, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

Please give me details either here or email me!! I would need where you are going to stage at and directions, time, what type of trails (wide/tight), possibly a number of the place you will be staying at so I could make some reservations. Sounds great...never rode on a poker run before. THANKS for the reply!!

Old 03-14-2001, 04:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DOC,
as a member of M.A.T.V.A [Mich All Terrain Vehicle Assoc],I'll see if I can get some of the riders up your way this summer?Perhaps,you being from the Black Lake area,you could be our guide?
Bill

Old 03-14-2001, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hey that sounds great, I don't know how much of a "guide" I'd be but I'd love to show you around.

What is this group you refer to. Do they stage rides, sponser events, etc? If you have a site I could visit or send me some info I would appreciate it!

Old 03-15-2001, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer

DocDom...Indian River??? I have been going to Indian River my entire life, my parents are year round residence on Burt Lake. Just bought my first ATV last year. Spend most of my time riding in the U of M trails Douglas Lake area. Can you ride the Indian River snowmobile trails that are south of town? How about the Pigeon River area? The area is loaded with snowmobile trails, most seem to close down after the snow melts, was up this past weekend and went close to 200 miles on Saturday. Where do you ride your ATV's????

Old 03-15-2001, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

Ther are actucally 3 atv trails right around indian river. If you check the dnr web page u can get the maps for around that area for frr.

Old 03-15-2001, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer

FZ580..., When you are up here, PLEASE email me and we'll go on a ride or two!! The trails that are groomed are off limits to Atvs, and the Pigeon River State forest is also a closed area. BUT...we can ride on the trail system that "dasheek" above referred to, this is right out my back door. In the winter I stay off this trail system because it is groomed. I do go down Brudy Road which has a sand/snow pit that we are allowed to ride. In the winter I usually go to the Black Mountain area I spoke of in my first post. It is a scramble area that has a lot of hills, it was actualy a ski resort many years ago. In the winter we stay mostly in the bowl area, aprox 80-90 acres of hills and small trails. When we got tired of this area we often go to Black Lake and buzz around on the ice. In the spring you can ride a wide assortment of narrow, to wide trails/roads...It is possible to ride all day and not ride the same trail twice. There are lots of gravel pits along the way as well. So email me when you are going to make the trip!!

Old 03-15-2001, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hey hows the riding up there in the up? Ive been wanting to do some riding in Mi but im not sure if i want ot mack such a long haul. And it prob would cost a small fortine in fuel to get my bus and trailer up there and back. Ive also been wanting to make a trip to Canada next year for the big vacation. Well I guess Ill have to settle for Waine nat, and Hatfield trails systems. Maybe next year ill be able to make it.

Old 03-16-2001, 11:18 AM
TQO
Trailblazer

The UP will be great after this snow goes. Record snowfalls this year it looks like. In the UP, all trails are open unless marked closed. In the LP, all trails are closed unless marked open.

In several counties and townships in the UP, they have also legalized riding ATVs on the right of way of non state and federal highways, just like sleds.

We have hundreds of miles of roads and trails from our parking lot at our hotel.

Hope to see you this summer and don't worry about the gas in the bus. It's only money.

Happy riding.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Hulbert, MI

Quick Reply: Northern Michigan area