Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Glamis packing list?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2000, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I'm not planning on going untill Thanksgiving, or New Year's '00. I know it's a long way off, but I want to be prepared! I'd like to start accquiring the necessary items for a week long stay.

My sleeping arrangements are still up in the air. I may have to opportunity to stay in the comfort of an RV, or get stuck in a tent. Any tips in case I end up in the tent?

How much gas should I bring. Obviously I'm going to bring as much as I can, but would it be worth it to start looking around for a 55gal. drum? Is gas (108 oct. +) readily availabe in the area, and how much?

What about water? Any estimate as to what will be needed per day? I can get a few of those 5gal. plastic "Sparklett's" jugs, I just dont want to overload my trailer. I know there are like 2 general stores, whats the average price for ice?

Either way I'll be meeting up with poeple who have ridden there before, so I'm not too concerned about navigation, and I'm smart enough to bring spare parts, just in case. I'm looking for tips that apply to the times when I'll just be hanging out, basically when I'm eating, re-fueling or sleeping!!

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 01-16-2000, 01:30 PM
Range Rover

A400L;
Both the general store and the Glamis beach store is a "little" outta control on prices. (see link)http://www.macdizzy.com/easter99.htm When my wife and I were out there we drove back to the town of Brawley for necessities. We had a motorhome so we would go to town to empty the tanks and refill the water tanks. Depending on how long you stay will depend upon how much water/gas/etc you will need. A 55Gallon drum of fuel would be a great idea if you have friends that need 108 also.... you save by buying in bulk and you also dont have to worry about not having enuf. I am not sure on the price of fuel there but I can guess you wont save anything by getting it there.
Firewood is something that will be needed, but that is available in Brawley(I doubt you want to haul wood from home) Everything is available from food to fuel to parts but you will pay for it. At the Glamis beach store they also have showers if I remember right.

good luck and let me know if you need anymore help. A few people to talk to in chat would be like "sandman, Mike330R, Lisa, Redfox, JeffH"

cya in Glamis!

walter
88 Banshee370
95 Dodge Ram
99Quadbuddy

<a href=http://www.kandkatv.com">K&K atv</a>

<a href="http://members.xoom.com/banshee370/">Banshee370 home of quads<a/>

[This message has been edited by b370 (edited 01-16-2000).]

Old 01-16-2000, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Jerry,
I'll go, you pull the bikes and I'll fly out and catch up with you. How's that sound? Good to me. You missed a good ride today, nobody crashed but Brian tried a no-footer with no air. Couldn't get his foot back on the peg and jarred his shoulder. Got it on tape. C-Ya.

------------------