Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

michigan/wisconsin riders

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile michigan/wisconsin riders

hello all,
looking to meet up some people to ride some trails in upper wisconsin or michigan. A little back ground about myself, Im 31 recently unemployed due to a piece of **** embezzing *****. industrial mechanic by trade. I took girlfriend to silver lake michigan the other week to ride the dunes it was great she loved it. Now she is back in school and has no time. however I have all the time in the world. looking to ride maybe next week or weekend? i guess it doesnt really matter when or where. I rode quite a few trails in michigan and upper michigan. not too many in upper wisconsin though. they look about the same though as the ones in michigan. I have (2) raptor 660's I would like to spend a few days up north (im coming from chicago area) maybe ride 100 miles a day or so. would like to meet some locals that ride the trails or are in the area to shoot the **** etc.. riding by yourslef gets kinda lame after a while. used to have a few friends that had atvs but turns out they are a bunch of bitches. anyways sorry for the half vent/looking for people to ride post. just seeing whos out there reading these posts. would like to bring my girl up on a weekend and hang out with some new friends.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to join you. Where are looking to go ride at, if it is close i might be able to join you.

Old 09-08-2011, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer

hey, like i said im up for any trails??? what town is close to you? I can figure out which trails are nearby.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

Northern WI is great, I love the Iron River area, lots of twisty woods trails, or you can get out on the corridor snowmobile trail that runs along Hwy 2 and let it rip. The Battleaxe and Valhalla Loop are beautiful, and you can put on 100 miles,and if you run the route right, never cross the same trail twice. I used to camp and ride a week at a time up there with my son, the fall rides are really nice, all the trees turning. Now I am only about an hour or so away, so I would be in for a ride as well.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 95wolv
Northern WI is great, I love the Iron River area, lots of twisty woods trails, or you can get out on the corridor snowmobile trail that runs along Hwy 2 and let it rip. The Battleaxe and Valhalla Loop are beautiful, and you can put on 100 miles,and if you run the route right, never cross the same trail twice. I used to camp and ride a week at a time up there with my son, the fall rides are really nice, all the trees turning. Now I am only about an hour or so away, so I would be in for a ride as well.
I have done the trail on hwy 2 that gos into upper michigan, I took that all the way to watermeet i think. i parked at the dnr ranger station right on the michigan/wis border. I never done the trails south of that though. is one of the loops your refering to the one you get to see the waterfalls right off the trail in wis?

Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like farther east than Iron River, maybe the Hurley area? never been that far east, too many trails to run right by Iron River !!

Old 09-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 95wolv
That sounds like farther east than Iron River, maybe the Hurley area? never been that far east, too many trails to run right by Iron River !!
im planning next week sometime... what town are you nearby?

Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I'm just west of Duluth, about an hour from Iron River. I got next weekend off, busy Friday, but Sat and Sun are open so far.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

ok, so whos riding where this weekend??

Old 09-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe I'll go to St. Helen because I can't remember how to get to Leota.

Quick Reply: michigan/wisconsin riders