Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

massachusetts trails in central mass

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salesdan
Worcester area. I have tons of army corp land almost next to my house that is designated for off road use EXCEPT for 3 and 4 wheel atv's. Dirtbikes and snowmobiles allowed. You do not need to be registered to ride there, it's federal land.
More ridiculousness.

I guess if I lived there I'd make the most of it with a dirt bike and a snowmobile though.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nothing wrong with riding a dirt bike.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by jgar
Not at all, Dirt bikes enjoy! But it is a stupid regulation they have against atv's.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nothing wrong with them at all- but dirt bikes around here is what ruined it for all off road riders.

used to be able to ride a reg'd atv in the douglas state trails- during a trail event where a bunch of dirtbikers decided to make a new trail to avoid some mud- they banned all orv's from the state trails.

even when I got my $250 citation- the cop was chasing 2 dirtbikes down when he saw me-

around here, because dirtbikes are cheaper and easier to find- more teenagers have'em- and they don't give a shat about anyone or anything-

Old 10-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its not the machine its the rider. Like you said BG most of the dumb ones on the trails are the younger people. You should see the mess and problems they make around here with trucks and jeeps. F ers even pull the closed gates out of the ground.
Salesdan in this state everyone loves to hate and we seem to be a easy target. Funny how a bunch of libs. can have such a visceral hatred for others who are different from themselves. Iam glad I/we live so close to nh and maine. States that want us there. Trying to get new legal trails or old legal trails reopened in ma. is like pissing into the wind. There used to be about 30 legal places to ride quads in ma. belive it or not. The problems is IMHO population and we are a small state as well as general perception of our community. Its a shame too because there are some beautiful and really fun trails around here.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:53 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not the machine its the rider. Like you said BG most of the dumb ones on the trails are the younger people. You should see the mess and problems they make around here with trucks and jeeps. F ers even pull the closed gates out of the ground.
Salesdan in this state everyone loves to hate and we seem to be a easy target. Funny how a bunch of libs. can have such a visceral hatred for others who are different from themselves. Iam glad I/we live so close to nh and maine. States that want us there. Trying to get new legal trails or old legal trails reopened in ma. is like pissing into the wind. There used to be about 30 legal places to ride quads in ma. belive it or not. The problems is IMHO population and we are a small state as well as general perception of our community. Its a shame too because there are some beautiful and really fun trails around here.
look at what I went through just trying to secure a measly 5 mile loop for that charity ride I started! As soon as anyone heard the word "ATV" it went down hill. It was going to cost me $1500 just to hire police details & secure supplies for a 5 mile loop & bbq in the town I was donating the money to!!! I couldn't even get local ATV clubs to help me!!!

I actually think "lawyers" ruin it more then anything else- just about every club or official I asked all said the word "liability" before saying "sorry- can't help you"

Old 10-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

If anyone is interested, I'm thinking of going up to Claremont on Saturday, the 22nd. I can give anyone who wants to come the grand tour. There are two areas to ride that used to be connected but it now requires you to trailer to each seperately due to a landowner who closed a section of trail. I can meet anyone who wants to ride at the Burger King, at 324 Washington St., Claremont, NH. I would probably get there around 9:15-9:30 am.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default worcester riding?

I live in framingham n would love a place to ride!! Details please n thank you.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by ssenay
Theres nothing in mass unless u want to drive 2-3 hours. NH is the place to go. I know a few decent places to go in mass, but not sure if they are still around its been a while. Where in mass you from?
I'm in Holbrook. On the South Shore. No place to go around here without tresspassinh and dodging police. No thanks. How far into NH do I have to drive to find trails? Thanks.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by ssenay
Theres nothing in mass unless u want to drive 2-3 hours. NH is the place to go. I know a few decent places to go in mass, but not sure if they are still around its been a while. Where in mass you from?
Looking for places in NH that aren't to far to drive. I'm 20 miles South of Boston. Any places just over the border? Thanks.

Quick Reply: massachusetts trails in central mass