Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in MA and RI

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in MA and RI

looking for people to ride with in Ma and RI, have a few spots around me to ride nothing to crazy, looking for some new spots, and can show you around where I know

Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

As far as legal trails go there are a couple in Western Mass. and I'm not sure about RI. Most of us from MA, RI, or CT, ride in NH or ME where we are welcomed. In MA you have to get a day permit to ride the trails in W. MA.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah been thinking of taking the treck up to nh, any suggestions for places to go up there? looking for some easy trails my wife is just learning how to ride, would like to have a fun weekend with no trips to the ER of possible

Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Little Monadnock Family Trails, and Pisgah State Park in NH have some easy trails.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rivers edge in Canaan NH is a good family place also.Camping,riding,etc all in one place.Where about are you located?

Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

The western mountains of Maine are very family friendly in that they are easy going and well marked (for the most part).

Old 09-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

i live in franklin ma, on the RI border, thanks for the suggestions im going to look into them. its to bad franklin state forest isnt open to atvs because im about a stones throw away, i thought you could ride there, bought a couple atvs then when registering i found out you cant ride atvs there... just my luck

Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bringtharaptor
i live in franklin ma, on the RI border, thanks for the suggestions im going to look into them. its to bad franklin state forest isnt open to atvs because im about a stones throw away, i thought you could ride there, bought a couple atvs then when registering i found out you cant ride atvs there... just my luck

used to be open to atv's, then all the dirtbikes started complaining and they went single track only.
I've ridden my atv up there a few times many years ago- not a great place to ride anyway- trails are too tight, not very long, maybe 15 miles worth.
a couple of guys saw me unloading my atv and gave me a hard time- bitching about the trails being single track only. I just started up the atv and drove off into the trails. I saw other sport quads out there also. Some trails lead to houses that obviously have atv's

some web sites still list it at being single / double track, but there are signs in the lot that state single travk only / NO ATV's

as mentioned above- riding in mass is a waste of time. just go reg in NH & Maine and spend your money up there- at least they welcome the revenue unlike this shithole state.
LMFT, Jericho, pisgah and maine is just loaded with atv trails- thousands of miles worth just in the jackman / forks area alone!and most trails have food, gas lodging access- or utility roads where you can ride your atv right into town and stock up.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i went into franklin state forest anyways, its not great but its fun and i dont even have to transport to go there, only saw 2 dirt bikes and talked with them and they didnt seem bothered by atvs in there. definitely going to go up to nh hopefully within the next 2 months, i saw that jericho mountain and it looks great, do you know if that shop up there sells the registrations? also not trying to be a pain but do you know if the rentals they say they have are decent? I trust my atv, but my wifes blaster hates me just enough to die 30 miles away from the truck

Old 09-22-2012, 09:16 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just skip to :40 that's the only one worth watching!

Quick Reply: riding in MA and RI