Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone in MA

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh! I see how it is now. 150 acres, I guess there's not enough room for a couple more people.

Old 04-02-2001, 12:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Unfortunatly, unless you are lucky enough to have a private area to ride in, you have to go to Western MA for any LEGAL public riding areas. NEATVA-MX also has some races at Southwick this year. Go to NEATVA.tripod.com for more information.

Old 04-02-2001, 06:59 PM
Trailblazer

Actually, hidden in the new biker bill there's a part that opens all state parks to ORV. It also requires orv's to dramatically cut noise levels in state parks. The main part of the bill stiffens oui, so if you get caught drunken driving your orv you will get arrested.Currently they can only give you a ticket. The helmet law was also addressed.

Old 04-02-2001, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, that bill is a double edged sword but is generally in favor of ORV's. While it does have sound restrictions and a DUI law, it will allow for a lot more $$$ for trails and clubs. I do feel bad for all those people who bought those real loud aftermarket exhausts as they are soon going to be illegal on public lands in MA. Check those sound levels folks, this type of law is the wave of the future. Get used to it.

Old 04-04-2001, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found the following information for the MA State Forests, it looks pretty encouraging.
http://www.state.ma.us/dem/recreate/orv.htm
but does anybody know the rules for out of state residents?

Old 04-05-2001, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ya it does look encouraging for western mass, but southeastern mass has nothing for atvs. Trails are only open to dirt bikes and that sucks. More trails need to be open to all off road vehicals in my neck of the woods. They are trying to open Myles Standish but that will take for ever, we need someting now. If anyone has any trails and directions for southeastern mass please reply.

Old 04-05-2001, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

Why did they close Myles Standish anyways? I know alot of people used to ride there.

Old 04-05-2001, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not sure but one reason, I think is because of a drunk snowmobiler. Someone may of been killed. I have been reading in the newspapers that there was an incident with drinking. It also says that atv groups are fighting to reopen it, but it will take a while before that happens. I need someplace to ride now. I will be going to N.H. once the snow melts up there, but I want to be able to go out around home too.

Anyways if anyone can help me with someplace in southeastern mass to ride I would appreciate it.

RIDE HARD HAVE FUN!