Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Good website for locations

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Looks like a site similar to this. Their list of trails isn't as comprehensive as RiderPlanet's. Also, they have the location of the Council Grove trail waaaaayyyy off LOL.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Here's the MI DNR maps website. There are 3,200 miles including the 30% that's motorcycle only trails. The 70% that ATVs can ride is about 2,200 miles. DNR - ORV/ATV Trail Maps
How are the trails up there and do they usually have access with a toy hauler? I'm looking for my summer spot and considering they have so many miles of trail might just have to make a trip...

Old 04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PRAIRIEOUTLAW
How are the trails up there and do they usually have access with a toy hauler? I'm looking for my summer spot and considering they have so many miles of trail might just have to make a trip...
I don't have anything to compare the trails to so I can't really say they're good or bad. I' mostly ride near Mio because my friend has property there. Ive never been on the trails in the western lower peninsula but someone here once said they were good. Most trails have a parking lot big enough for a toyhauler. I don't think you're allowed to camp in the parking lot but there are campgrounds that have trail access. In some counties you can ride the shoulder of the road and that's how I got to the Meadows and Bull Gap trails all of last summer. Those 2 trails are connected at M-33 so you can go from west of Mio to just outside Oscoda. Leota, Denton Creek ans St. Helen trails are all connected too. There are some others that are connected too but I haven't been on them.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I don't have anything to compare the trails to so I can't really say they're good or bad. I' mostly ride near Mio because my friend has property there. Ive never been on the trails in the western lower peninsula but someone here once said they were good. Most trails have a parking lot big enough for a toyhauler. I don't think you're allowed to camp in the parking lot but there are campgrounds that have trail access. In some counties you can ride the shoulder of the road and that's how I got to the Meadows and Bull Gap trails all of last summer. Those 2 trails are connected at M-33 so you can go from west of Mio to just outside Oscoda. Leota, Denton Creek ans St. Helen trails are all connected too. There are some others that are connected too but I haven't been on them.
Thanks for the info... I really want to make a good ride this summer, but want to go somewhere that I can ride more than 8 or 10 miles and then have to do it all over again. We made a trip to Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky and was totally disappointed in the trails there. They advertise over 100 miles of trail, but in reality its like one big area that people just ride everywhere and there aren't really any long trails that you can take off on and ride for like 25 miles or so.
I'm a big fan of long loops with cut through sections for the ones that can't take the length, but hate "area riding" where people just ride all over the place and that's what I'm seeing more of now days.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On most trails I've been on you can ride several hours on different loops. Gladwin is an exception. It's a shorter trail but if you want mud they have lots of it in springtime.