Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

looking for people to ride with in Danbury, CT

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 05:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear there are some places to ride in Danbury. If you need a riding partner (on a raptor) please email me.

Old 03-29-2001, 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

theres 3 or 4 places around dabury 2 sand pits that i no of and a pretty big place wit a pit wit some nice jumps water trainn tracks and trails theres also a place by the danbury mall that does into ny state never been but hear its sweat

Id go wit u but dont think ill be able to catch up on my 300ex ill post directions soon

Old 03-30-2001, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

A group of us are planning a trip to the Eagle Bridge practice tracks on Saturday - April 7th. Your more than welcome to bring the Raptor up there.

There is a natural terrain track that is really fast with a few added jumps. The other track is a supercross style track. A lot of fun to practice your jumping. Everything from a double table top, regular doubles, whoops etc.

So far we have 3 250R's and 3 400ex's going. Usually a few other quads show up as well. We try and get there around 9-10 in the morning and stay all day, so bring a lunch if you come. I think it is around $20 for the day. Pretty soon the owner is completing a harescrable course as well. check out his site at www.ebmx.net

For me it is about a 2.5 hour trip to get there. Might be a little less for you since you could hop up 684(?). If you want to go, I can help you with directions.

Old 04-03-2001, 01:06 PM
Banned

Lasher,

Could you tell me which state the Eagle Bridge practice tracks are? I might be interested in going as well as a few friends of mine.

Thank You,

IronBear

Old 04-03-2001, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

The web site is ebmx.net

As of last weekend, the track was not in good shape. But with the nice weather this week, it will hopefully be decent on Saturday.

Take Route 8 North to the Mass Pike (interstate 90) West. Follow the Mass Pike until the NY border. (MA Pike is a toll road.) Just over the NY border is an exit for Route 22 North. I think it is exit 7, but I am not sure, but I know that it is Route 22 North. At the end of the ramp you will take a right onto Route 22 North. Follow this road for many miles until you get to Hoosick Falls. Here you will need to continue on Route 22 North, but it zig zags through the small town. A little ways after the Hoosick Falls you will come to the intersection of Route 67 West. There should be a left hand turn at a yellow blinking light. Follow Route 67 West about 1 mile until you go over a bridge and see a left turn onto Eagle Bridge Road. Cross the train tracks and a little over a mile the track is on your left. Route 22 is a long road. Nice driving with a few stops. But I think the road does turn at a few lights so pay attention.

I always went through the small town of Hoosick Falls, but the last time some one showed me a short cut that avoids the town and saves 15 minutes of driving. Here are the short cut directions from the website. I took this way on the way home, and it was a lot easier. These directions sound correct.

When you get to the Grand Union on Rt 22 just past the McDonalds, Turn Left at the light. Follow the road around to the left (use zoo signs for reference). When you get to Big View Beef Farm turn right onto Tate Road. Turn Right at the second right hand road, this is Eagle Bridge Road. Just over the top of the hill is the track.

I hope to get to the track just after 9am on Saturday. So I will be leaving my house (hopefully) at 7am. Are you thinking about this coming Saturday?

Also, I am planning on going to Uxbridge MA the following Monday with the same people. I am taking a ½ day off from work.

Any other questions let me know.

Old 04-03-2001, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

Lasher, thanks for the offer. that track is 172 miles from my house. I prefer to stay a bit closer for a one-day ride. If you plan on riding anywhere closer in the next few weeks keep me posted. I would like to meet up with you and some other "quad guys" All my buddies ride mx bikes.

Old 04-04-2001, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

I do not know of anything closer for you. There is Uxbridge, which is located in the corner of MA, CT and RI. But that would be a long drive as well. I will going there Monday (took a 1/2 day) so I will find out if it is worth it.

Since you live near NYC, you might be interested in going to Jack Frost in PA. They have 3 tracks, lodging or camping. I went there with my quad buddies last fall. Spent the weekend and had a blast. Not in the next few weeks, but sometime this year we are hoping to return. I will let you know when.

If you want to try some MX tracks, why not race? We have races at Southwick, MA and a few at Walden, NY this year. Jolly Roger in NH is another track in our series, but that is 2.5 hours from me.