Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where is the official New Jersey (NJ) ATV Park?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 08:04 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the official New Jersey (NJ) ATV Park?

Hey guys and gals! I haven't been here for several years and I hope everyone is doing well. I'm trying to figure out where the state-run New Jersey ATV park is. The searches I've done came up with Mount Pleasant, Millville (Field of Dreams), and Ready to Ride PAL. They all seem to be way down in South Jersey. Which one is the 'official', legal ATV park? Isn't there anything closer to the North Jersey area? Whatever happened to Wharton? Is it still legal? Can dirt bikes be ridden in the ATV park?

Thanks very much for your time!

Old 01-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wharton is not legal to unregistered vehicles. They are even cracking down on registered vehicles and what trails can be accessed.

Old 01-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats unfortunate. I dont live in that part of the country but its sad to see that kind of attitude toward atvs being ridden on trail systems that are supposed to be for them. I have read that many of the eastern trail systems are for snowmobile use only. Snowmobiles get more access than atvs.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:01 PM
Range Rover

OK - thanks. I knew they were doing something or other as far as a Motorized Access Plan for Wharton, but wasn't sure what became of it.

So . . . is South Jersey the only legal State-run facility? Thanks again for the info.