Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WAYNE NAT'L. FOREST

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RubiconBob and I will be at Camp Ohio all weekend,4/20--4/22 Hope to meet some of you folks from here in the CONNECTION!
If you need info on the area, email or post here. Later, Mike(4-MAN-S in that OTHER forum)
We should be there until 3pm on Sun.

Old 04-16-2001, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Mike, Are you not going to be down there on the 21st? 23rd is a Monday? And probably going to be some gobbler hunters in the woods down there. Anyway, I'll be down there on the 21st (Saturday) was going to try and hook up with 'quadneck' and his gang over at Camp Ohio. Let me know if you'll be there on a Saturday and I'll try to get with you guys.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

As far as I know, Rob and I should be there Sunday. I am not sure who will be coming with us yet.

Old 04-20-2001, 02:26 PM
BK
Pro Rider

We are going to be there on Sat and Sun. We haven't decided whether to go to Camp Ohio or camp further away at a state park. How is security there (ie is our stuff going to be there when we get back). Does it tend to be rowdy at night? I'm 42, getting a good nights sleep is crucial to being able to ride hard 2 days in a row! Thanks for any info, BK.

If we are there we will have 4 different Polaris quads and a 250EX.

Old 04-23-2001, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider

HEY quadneck- Did you make it to WNF/Camp Ohio this w.e.??
RubiconBob and I were there. I kind of forgot to look you up?? What did your camp look like?

Old 04-23-2001, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

Ya, we were there all weekend. We were camped right across from the playground on the right side if your coming from the road. We were a little loud on friday night, hope we didn't **** anyone off. Had a blast riding, got really really muddy. Can't wait to do it again.

Old 04-23-2001, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Mike, yeah quadneck came over right after our last ride. He was right next to where I was parked. We passed him a couple times on the trail. He was the guy on the "stretched out" looking Raptor. I know we crossed paths with him at least twice. I noticed the wide front end on it.
Did you guys go to Dorr Run and do the loop there? We just took one short ride, up to the New Straitsville Trailhead, around the loop there and back. I had 60.4 miles on the SP335 when we got back. What was your total mileage?

Old 04-23-2001, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Buckeye-- We went over TO Dorr-Run, but had to return without riding the loop because Bob's Rubicon was suffering from a mud-packed radiator and we could only ride about 4 mi. at a time, then would have to pull off and let the "Ruby" rest! The radiator is positioned so that you HAVE to clean it with a low press. stream of water, AFTER removing that little pr--k of a screen that is supposed to prevent mud ingress! The screen is a 2 man job to remove/replace(on the trail, anyway).
Total miles were at least 110, I think that we really rode 120-125mi. Sunday we rode 50 mi.
Oh, yeah, ANOTHER Warrior tried to take me out over in Dorr-Run!! Later on, Mike.

Old 04-23-2001, 08:19 PM
BK
Pro Rider

Was it muddy or what?! You couldn't tell what kind of machine anyone was riding. We camped at Williams because Ohio was full. That was a mistake. Next time we will camp at a state park and trailer the atvs in. Other than the camping it was a blast. We rode the main corridor, Snake Hollow, some of Dorr Run on Saturday and then Long Ridge on Sunday. Long Ridge seemed to be the most difficult. It was also less well cared for. There were a lot of trees down you had to go around and the trails weren't as well marked. There were some really good hillclimbs and stuff though. There weren't very many people riding there either. We only crossed paths with a few other riders all day long. It also was a lot less muddy, which was a big plus. All in all it was a great weekend.

Old 04-23-2001, 08:20 PM
BK
Pro Rider

Was it muddy or what?! You couldn't tell what kind of machine anyone was riding. We camped at Williams because Ohio was full. That was a mistake. Next time we will camp at a state park and trailer the atvs in. Other than the camping it was a blast. We rode the main corridor, Snake Hollow, some of Dorr Run on Saturday and then Long Ridge on Sunday. Long Ridge seemed to be the most difficult. It was also less well cared for. There were a lot of trees down you had to go around and the trails weren't as well marked. There were some really good hillclimbs and stuff though. There weren't very many people riding there either. We only crossed paths with a few other riders all day long. It also was a lot less muddy, which was a big plus. All in all it was a great weekend. BK

Quick Reply: WAYNE NAT'L. FOREST