Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone want to meet at the Red Top Sat 4-21

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be goin on the Redtop this saturday in th e morning around 9:00. If anyone would like to meet in Isle or Genola at the soo-line, we can go from genola all the way Isel then Redtop. Let me know if you can go and where to meet. Im going to make a website also and taking pictures of whatever so if you come you will be on the website. Also let me know your age. Thanks
Also is the fort ripley trail anygood? Mud wise?

Old 04-18-2001, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Somone has to want to go, this is my second time up there, need somone to show me trails better, first time i went for like half a hour.

Old 04-18-2001, 09:39 AM
Range Rover

You are not getting much reply because Redtop tends to be too small. What I mean by that is the actual trail system is pretty short. If you get 15 riders up there, people end up waiting in line. The Soo Line trail that connects everything up there is just flat and straight. Not much fun to ride.

The camp Ripley Trail is just a ditch trail. It runs along the highway for quite a ways but you are just riding a ditch. If there is mud it is only because this has been a wet spring.

If you want top notch riding you need to be east of Interstate 35 or North of Duluth. The terrain is different. I would suggest you drive to Nemadji State Forest. That isone of my favorite rides. Nemdji has trails that connect to thousands of acres of potlatch land that is open to the public. From Nemadji you can take the Gandy Dancer Trail to St. Croix state Forest. There is some good riding their too. My personal favortite is the Red Dot trail along the North Shore. I have riden that system 3 times and i still have not covered every trail. Another sure winer is the Superior Natioanl Forest. just make sure you don't leave the logging rodes.

Old 04-18-2001, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

11.3 Miles isn't that bad for a trail, its also pretty cool because there can be alot of mud there. So if anyone still wants to go, reply!

Old 04-19-2001, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

Well, i guess i ride alone.

Old 04-20-2001, 08:52 AM

Hey Jerry, if you want to wait an extra day, we are going to be riding in Snake River on sun. Tons of mud!! Open invitation to all.

Old 04-20-2001, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

I've never riden at Snake River, where is it? How long are the trails?

Old 04-20-2001, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

Where is the snake river trail system. I would be interesed on going sunday. How many miles of trails and how much mud is there.
Thanks
01' AC500
87' LT-125
99' S-10 ZR2

Old 04-20-2001, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

So where is this trail city wise, and how far from stearns. How long does it go? where you all meeting and what time?

Old 04-20-2001, 11:40 AM

Snake River is about 20 miles east of the Red Top. About 20 miles north of Mora. Not sure how many miles but it's an all day ride, lots of trails and lots of mud. There are a couple of river crossings on the trails that might be a problem this time of year, might have to improvise a little. Planning on having breakfast in Mora at the Sportsman on the north end of town on Hwy 65 at about 09:00.

Anyone interested post here, I'm at work so if you e-mail me I won't get it till I get home late tonight.

Quick Reply: Anyone want to meet at the Red Top Sat 4-21