Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to trail ride near Dayton Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 02:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to trail ride near Dayton Ohio

I'm looking at possibly buying a UTV. I do own wooded property out of state, but it's a 3 1/2 hour drive and I don't get to go there as often as I would like. I would use the UTV when I did go there, but can't justify the expense unless I could find some places to ride it closer to home. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Old 06-13-2017, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Posted earlier but must not have went thru...so....welcome to the forum from another Ohioian!! You won't find much riding here in ohio unless you find a private ride area because all state parks have a 50" max width restriction which eliminates all side x side except the RZR narrow model. There are some pay to ride areas that do allow machines up to 60" wide they are usually around 20 per day to use their facility. The only public place I know id Perry forrest which used to be state ground but was turned over to a ATV group to maintain and run and there you can go up to 62" wide machine but no trucks or jeeps. Ohio is loosing lots of revenue by not allowing more ride areas in this state, I am not far from Michigan so we are doing a lot of riding up there as that state supports offroad riding and has many ride areas. The southern region from Kentucky and Tenn has been hit hard by heavy rains and storms and much of their trail system needs to be rebuilt so riding is extremely rough, I would call ahead for trail conditions down there. Unfortunately you will find that if your riding in Ohio in a side x side you will have to travel unless you own lots of acres. Feel free to contact your representative about this matter.