Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok guys so what if my undies match my wardrobe, who's going to notice anyhoo..... .wise guys lol Ken here can tell you about my old make shift helmet strap, where I had glued Velcro to them, which worked for quick release, but stayed put, no matter how many trees I ran head into. But this new helmet strap is so easy to attach/detach. The only thing that I liked better about the Velcro home made job, was being able to put on, take off, even with heavy gloves on, without taking them off. Your right got me to thinking about being too dark, especially while out here late at night plowing, but then might show up better with snow white background, and might need one of those helmet flashers, what ya think, and maybe the beeping back up alarm like the big rigs use lol So many gizmo'atachment alternatives out there....hello E bay

Old 01-07-2019, 11:00 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can never have too many gadgets and gizmos. Or can you?

I have this model of amber color Alternating Beacon w/ Magnetic Mount, but the plug on mine is solid black. I thought the plug was one piece but it's actually 2 pieces held together with screws. Almost half of it is wider and has grooves around it to get a better grip on it to unplug it. One time I zip-tied a piece of sheet metal to the corner of my rear rack extension to stick the light on. But it was easier to just set it on top of the top sandbag and run 2 bungee cords around it to hold it in place. I took the seat off and ran the cord all the way under it and plugged it into the cigarette lighter on the pod. I made sure there was enough slack at the front so it wouldn't pull on the plug when I turned. The coiled cord works great for that. When I'm not using it I keep it stuck to the side of my fridge by the wall, where no one sees it and asks why my fridge needs a warning strobe light. Midnight munchie alarm system? It has one bulb in the top section and another in the bottom that alternate when it blinks. The whole amber colored part unscrews so you can change the bulbs. It's a really neat setup and all I have to do is plug it in when I need it and unplug it when I'm done. Just be sure you don't use a red or blue light. The cops can give you a ticket for using emergency vehicle light colors. But I would go with a helmet for sure. People could see it better up there.

Vehicle Safety Light| LED Lights - Peterson Manufacturing Company

Old 01-07-2019, 11:54 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I was looking around on that company's site to see what else they have. You can get a 112 decibel backup alarm. An ambulance siren, from inside the ambulance with the window down is 100 decibels. 110 decibels can cause permanent hearing loss. 112 decibels is like a rock concert that makes your ears ring for a couple of days.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

I might go into business selling my helmet strobe'r! Could you imagine every dude riding their atv with this manly man's helmet, and, and, and I could add turn signals,with a metal hand that pops out signaling the way, and a big stop sign that would shoot out of the side of the dome, whenever breaking, This could be big!! REAL BIG!!!

My helmet matches the quads color real well but I don't think it matches sellers photo exactly!

Bumper just arrived and fit perfectly! Every part fell right into place! Great price for $150 w/ free shipping, 4 day delivery. Looks good too, and perfect fit around lights and wench! If you think I'm bragging your damned right and I'm so proud of this machine and I'm trying to make my neighbor jealous, but its hard to do while he makes me hide in shame, as he purposeless does wheelies out in front of my house on his Canned Ham 800, noisy bastard, sure wish I could afford one, starting at twice what mine cost! I hate him, and he loves it!! I guess i'll just keep adding parts until he finally looks my way after mine falls over with so much hanging off it lol

Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 PM
THE BERMINATOR

If you start selling those helmets and the government finds out, they'll make them mandatory for everyone. You'll make a fortune. Hey buddy old pal, my best friend the millionaire, could I borrow 100 grand? You know I'm good for it.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider
Thumbs down

You sound like my wife, she's ready to leave me, with all the knock at the door delivery boxes, and I'm sure the poor delivery guy, having to heft most of them, or drag em up to the door, and I'm sure feels pretty upset as well! I keep apologizing!! but in the same breath I'm on E bay ordering mo stuff! I need help! If this long winter goes on any longer ''than expected'' I'll be a broke man, in more ways than one lol
Just ordered the rear bumper last night lol, since the front looks so sweet, and I haven't found the way to tell the old lady, and hope she's out and about when it arrives, But that's it!! No mo parts until something breaks, hopefully its spring instead of the vehicle!! and that can't happen until we ride once again! come on spring!!
Bundy is open again this weekend, but 30 for high, which means in the 20's most of the day, and low 20's when you get there, until for one second of the day, it might decided to raise its head, and don't blink, you'll miss it, when that molten hot temp of 30 might decide to pop up, but will that make it feel any warmer, think not! lol, and don't forget at what elevation your at there, on the higher peeks of Bundy. if you notice when your there on the higher mountain tops, there's always more snow up there, naturally much colder and way more wind chill, if you dare to trek that far up, that is, up past the cloud tops!! lol They should call it Mt Bundy. My grandson and one of my long lost sons, that I haven't communicated with for over 10 years (his decision not ours) (some kids never grow up, mentally lol), are going, and fortunately!! I haven't been invited, that's ok too much frozen sticky concrete mud, too cold, and another hours ride, could be up north, maybe much colder, but with clean sand, and clean snow! Just thought!! I could take my plow up there, and clear the trails, and get some use out of this heavy beast, taking up needed space out here, and that cost a bundle, for what? lol Will we ever get a chance to even use them this winter???????

Got to have a matching set, right! How would it look with just a front one....That's it, that's what i'll tell my wife....that's it, ''no more parts''!!.................. I'M DEAD!! Hey, have you see the new Ebay seat *** warmers lol I'm going to need em after getting thrown out of the house.....

Old 01-09-2019, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Now just add a roll bar, oh sorry...ROP.. have to be politically correct...roll over proection! Then you can add an enclosure on top of that...At least it would be a refuge for when you get kicked out! That quad is gonna be so heavy it might sink and dissapear in the next mud hole you try to go thru! With the added roll bar you coukd add a snorkel so you can breath when you sink in the mud.....

Old 01-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Got that covered, Oh did I forget to mention I had some left over pvc laying around here from a leaking sink repair, never throw away anything!!

It would have worked but forgot the pvc cement, I'll never forget that again!

So just to be on the safe side, I installed an inflatable lift kit

That raises you up high enough to drive out of the deepest mud holes at Bundy hill! Got them w/ free shipping lol
HA HA!!

Old 01-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Would love to see you go thru the woods with that lift kit on there. Even better to see you get up on that...did someone say elevator??

Old 01-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

I'm watching you buddy! lol

I remembered the pvc cement this time!

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch