Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol rn i have high school full time, an after school job, homework, stacking wood and taking care of stuff for my neighbors, yard/house work, along with trying to work on my toys and having free time

Old 05-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally got the Garmin & mount w/card installed, I think it will be in a good location where it won't block my view of anything around it. I'm thinking about making some kind of shade for it to block out suns reflexion. Just something I can easily flip up sides and top that would be like looking into a viewing screen....just looked it up and found them on web stores! as cheap as $8, still I could make my own where it would fold down protecting the screen until needed than simply flip it up to view than letting it go covering screen from mud, rain, uv. scratches.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:31 PM
Country Rider

Yeah looks good. That should be handy in the trails. My dad just got a hand held GPS for us to use and a phone mount onto the handle bars

Old 05-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

Tell your dad to join us, with you camping, trail riding, Great fun, in the sun....we hope! lol

Old 05-10-2019, 01:00 PM
Country Rider

I only got up north to ride trails with my dad and brother, and a lot of the time my mom and other bother come along too. I head to up Drumodon Island in 2 months when I get out of school for a camping and riding weekend. Im ready for it

Old 05-10-2019, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider
Old 05-11-2019, 01:25 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
Finally got the Garmin & mount w/card installed, I think it will be in a good location where it won't block my view of anything around it. I'm thinking about making some kind of shade for it to block out suns reflexion. Just something I can easily flip up sides and top that would be like looking into a viewing screen....just looked it up and found them on web stores! as cheap as $8, still I could make my own where it would fold down protecting the screen until needed than simply flip it up to view than letting it go covering screen from mud, rain, uv. scratches.

I can make you a combination cover and sun shade cheaper than $8 with duct tape and cardboard. It's a cover when it's down and when you flip it up it's a sun shade.

Old 05-11-2019, 04:50 AM
Pro Rider

That's what I was thinking!! working on it today! Don't know about going that cheap.... cardboard? but your on the right track!! Good think'in!

Old 05-11-2019, 07:06 AM
Pro Rider

I finally slept good/great all night! first time since accident, where up until now, would only allow me to sleep for a few hrs., than setting up the rest of the night, unable to find a comfortable place to ease the pain in my sides! Also by not doing my exercises, ea. day, since! I gained 8#'s, plus sitting around more, naturally encourages snacking....just look w/ Frank here, if you need a good/bad example lol, so sad!! lol, so just this morning, since I'm starting to feel better, I put my big boys pants on, and tried/started, doing 10 min of jogging in place, with weights, with surprising results, only little pain! Hooray!! Hollyallula!! Trails are impatiently, waiting on me! lol

Really like the GPS maps, after studying them on the Garmin! Had I only, had something like this, starting out, way back in the 80's....but there's something too, about not knowing what to expect, around the next bend on the trail, that can be so mysterious, and surprising, like the way we had to explore areas back in the day, when there wasn't personal mobile devices, invented yet, and very few phone booths, especially in smaller towns, up there, or at least, not that affordable for the common joe, unless you were real rich, but even then, it would have been one of those first models....the bag phone, imagine seeing a dude racing down the trail, yelling hold up, getting a call, and need to stop and unzip a bag to get to this huge receiver, with a coiled cable/cord attached! lol but even with that, there were no cell towers up north yet, especially out where we ride, where even nowadays, we lose the signal, in many places, up there! So for anyone with limited sense of direction, this is the way to go, for sure! Might also help keep the DNR, trail po po....poo poo lol off our behinds, as well!
Weather forecast still holding in there, for next weekend, fingers x'ed! Getting van on the ready, just in case! Quad will load much easier too, with more narrow tires on, this trip!

Old 05-11-2019, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

Saint Helen's Exit 222 off of I-75
Exit 222 around 11-11:30. Let's go get some play time! If you happen to be up that way today! Next weekend for us!! Hopefully....

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch