Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Weather looking good now, up north, from Sat on, you finally ready, sir? I'm picking up my new ride today around 6 ish.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Up here now ridin in the rain. Last minute trip, you were selling yours. Have to head friday so just a short get away with neighbor.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm jealous lol but glad you finally got away, Too bad your getting rain, it's been a long 8 months for you, try and enjoy yourself, in between all the raindrops lol Don't look to promising. Hope you remembered the playing cards.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:57 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend has had a Sportsman XP 1000 for a few years and said he would never buy another ATV without EPS. He rides a lot more than I do so I value his opinion. He likes this a lot better than his old Grizzly 660 without EPS and it rides better too. Polaris EPS has a variable-assist, so when you're going slow it works more and when you're going fast it works less, so you stay in control. Mine has New! High-Output Electronic Power Steering. I don't know what makes that any different from regular old EPS. When I rode back from my neighbor's house and backed up my driveway I couldn't believe how easy it turned around in the street. The 4x4 is different on this one too. Instead of True On-Demand AWD/2WD like the other 570s it's High Performance True On-Demand AWD/2WD. The owner's manual covers all of the 450s and 570s and the 570 SP has a completely different gear ratio in the front than any of the others. I looked online to try to find out something about it and the only thing I found so far was for a RZR that had High Performance True On-Demand AWD/2WD. They said it locked into 4WD nearly instantaneously. That's a lot different from when I got my first Sportsman 500 and they said it locks in if the rear wheels spin 1/5 of a revolution. When I turn on my high beams all 3 headlights come on. Polaris' website says the regular 570s have a single high beam like the old 500s did. I also have 14" cast aluminum wheels instead of 12" steel wheels, and a higher towing rating. The more I read about my ATV the more things I find that they changed from the standard 570, besides the front suspension.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

I noticed that right away too, with my KQ's PS, where there was hardly any assist with the steering while stopped or going slow, and thought something was wrong with the PS unit, so I called the dealer, and he said the steering improves the faster you go, but you would think trying to turn while stopped/slow movement, would blow a gasket somewhere, with the almost manually feeling, hard load/pressure, on the PS pump.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

No pump, the quad business uses electric power steering. Makes no sense to me why they made small assist at slow speed and lots of assist at high speed...sounds backwards to me.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Frank, look closely at your new quad, bet you might find some Cadillac or Lincoln emblems on it! Lol...sounds like a real luxury cruiser! Hope you enjoy it.....

Old 06-16-2019, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider

My new ride, getting it all polished up for the 4th w/ son Paul and grandson Derrick, for St Helen long weekend, not my choice of time to be there, but my son and grandson (that work together now, for same co.) their only days off together, since grandson just hired in, with only holidays off, for awhile lol both working steady all year, 6 days a week. Need a friend to fill in to ride with, since this might be another long wait, waiting for these guys to get some more free riding days, in a row lol. Ken we need to have you try out the trails around Baldwin, next time you have time, there all real wide, sandy, very little elevation, and you'll need a few days to ride all the trails there that are close together, with one exception, the LITTLE NO, if you KNOW, what I mean, you wouldn't fit anyways, under 50'' but even then we got stuck between trees lol

Old 06-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Is that a Warrior? Yes I would like to try Baldwin one of these days. We rode a lot in the AuSable state forrest roads, wide, lots of trees and animals, must have seen 50 deer and three dozen turkeys. State forrest roads have few restrictions other than a 25 mph speed limit but we rarely went that fast, no time to see the animals! Enjoy your limited time with your family, from what you have told me they ride way to fast for me. The neighbor and his son are avid hunters so slow and easy to scout deer is the way they like to ride. We hit many of the play areas where they could rip and tear and have a ball. Even shot a few hills myself, but not as fast as they do! The GPS was a little tricky to figure out, every time you stop the little buggy icon turns 180 degrees, I didn't catch that on the first day day so kept sending us in the wrong direction. Soon learned to compare the compass to the direction on the gps and it made things much easier. Still hard to read, almost wish I had gone bigger yet. However I am sure I can find my way around when I need to. Never even made it to the southern route trails, to many forrest roads to ride, we covered just shy of 100 miles over the 3 days. Did get to try out my new awning on the MH, sure was glad to have that or it might have been a washout. Matt brought along deer tenderloins, we sliced and wrapped in bacon, cooked over the campfire, stood under the awning to keep dry. Bought full rainsuit so we could ride all day thur in the rain. Hasn't stopped raining since we got back Friday evening so trailer is still hooked up. I will wait until the flood waters pull back to unload and clean my buggy. Wife has back mri next week but has now developed severe swelling in legs and feet, so another doc visit next week for that......will it ever end?

Old 06-18-2019, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Been 4 whole days, 10 hrs a day, getting this new bought....not bought new, 2002 Warrior cleaned! but looks like new, after detailing the daylights out of it! There's not a scratch in the paint or plastic, anywhere! Mainly because it was never washed, this guy or kid, more than likely, seldom rode it, put it away, with mud, grease, sand caked on, but at least it was kept inside....fortunately! I've never seen a machine so miskept in my life! Only good thing about it, it preserved the body/paint. First thing I did was wash, wash, wash it, then used spray degreaser to break up the thick hard tar like solid,all over the bike. I had to use steel brushed to break it up, before I could finally let the degreaser do its job, then there was the engine stains, that took a whole lot of elbow grease, to finally rub them out , then finally bought some commercial grade grease n tar cleaner, to bring back the new like paint/plastic finish! whew! its been hard on the ol back n fingers scraping n washing them to the bone lol New tires will be here, just in time tomorrow, after the cleaning! You can tell its been hardly ever ridden by the undersides of the frame, where on any atv just taking it easy, will soon leave cuts in the paint, especially at the bottom of the A arms in front of the bike, where sticks, high grass, stumps rub/cut against them....not a scratch, or missing paint/chips! This quad is FAST and has that distinctive Warrior sound, commonly known at the thump-er a thump, thump, sound only these bike have, this being my 3rd, great quads....once their cleaned that is lol My kids don't know that I sold the 4x4, and I won't let them know, until I start to unload it up at camp on the 4th lol Their eyes are going to pop out their heads, especially with this atv being half of the size of the King Quad! lol Can't wait! If you guys get a chance stop by at St Helens, rustic campground, or camp with us, but you'll need to hurry in order to get a campsite, since its one of the biggest/busiest weekends, of all summer! NO RAIN THAT WEEKEND....NO RAIN!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch