Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was really surprised myself, with so much wind and bitterly cold but the temp stayed right a 300+ deg.! I pulled the smoker behind the house where it blocked most of the wind.

still smoking! at 300 deg. inside grill....-30 outside lol

sorry about so many duplicate/alike pic's. I uploaded one of them and it loaded all of them lol Ribs turned out real good and grandson should be really pleased!

Old 01-25-2019, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You miserable old goat, getting us all fired up with those delicious looking ribs, have you no mercy on us? Hope you dont choke from eating to fast! Well it looks like mother nature is gonna crap on me again. Now the storm is moving farther north and we will get just a light snow. After that primer last week I was ready for a big one....but it seems it will only be in my imagination!

Old 01-25-2019, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, it does look like that Alberta Whipper will be making a direct pass right thru here Monday, and then they'll hopefully call it the Detroit Whopper lol Getting everything ready here for the big one, maybe bigger than the last one we just had, but this time its going to stick around for at least a week! And add that with the record breaking freezing blizzard temp's expected near -40 is going to get brutal! I'm sure schools will be out for most of that time! I've got a wood burning fireplace we use all winter and is a great comfort knowing if power is lost we'll at least keep warm, also a nat gas fireplace and heater that needs no electrical power to operate. We've never needed the backup in the 40 yrs. we've lived here, but peace of mind during these colder days is a warm feeling in itself.
By the way did I mention the 4x4 handle bar grip warmers heat up nice and toasty, there going to be a welcome treat while plowing this time around! You could even attach them to your steering wheel on the sxs, only $5 free shipping, includes H-L switch, shrink wrap, attaches to acc plug or directly to battery. great reviews too
HAVE PLOW WILL TRAVEL lol

Old 01-26-2019, 12:57 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The snow on my truck was almost all melted again. And it snowed just enough to cover it again. But now it looks like a 100% chance of snow Monday. WeatherBug says accumulations possible and weather.com says we'll have 5-8 inches. Plus we may have up to an inch before then.

Windchill is how cold it feels to your bare skin. I would be surprised if a grill/smoker could feel it. I'd be even more surprised if it complained about it. But I might complain Wednesday or Thursday if I'm outside and the actual high temperature is around 1 degree. F-f-f-f-freezing. Brrrrr. That's enough to make your teeth chatter and your genitals retract.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Come wed and thur I will definetly be complaining about the cold, in fact I will be downright bitching about it because we wont have the snow to go along with this miserable cold. Looks like we will get missed big time. With wind chills around -35 my stuff will be drawn up so far I might turn into a woman! Heck might even start menapause! Lol...

Old 01-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GETTING READY FOR THE WINTER BLAST!!
I have of couple of vacant city lots next to me, with trees growing all around the perimeter of ea lot, that I steal firewood from, every year, since the city ignores, and could care less about their upkeep, so I go out and cut the trees at their base, and leave them for 2 years until they have dried out real good, and ready for harvesting. Then I go back and cultivate my firewood crop, and allow the younger trees to mature to a dia/thickness of around 6'', just big enough for my miter saw to pass through them, to make a complete cut. Just put a piece in the air tight wood burner and look how it burns. Toasty!

Last edited by 4-tracker; 01-26-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: add
Old 01-26-2019, 10:35 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it was late September when I took my quad in to get an oil change and have HD front springs and a new winch switch installed. I picked it up December 6th and when I tried hooking up my plow the winch didn't work. I took it back and they thought they fixed it while I waited. I took it back home and tried again to hook up the winch. I reeled out about 3 feet of cable but it wouldn't go out any farther or go back in. They came and got it and I've been waiting ever since to hear back from them. I wasn't too worried about getting it back when we kept getting 1/4" of snow at a time so I just kept waiting patiently. Me and one of my friends were both thinking maybe it won't get stolen from the dealer like I had so many stolen here, so it was like having free storage. I called today and they said one of their technicians called and left a message that it was ready. I don't remember what date he said it was but it was weeks ago. The guy may have called someone and left a message but he sure as hell didn't call me. So I went and got it a couple hours before they closed today. Before I loaded it on the trailer I made sure several feet of cable winched out and back in. It worked and now I finally have the plow hooked up and ready to go. He said the ground wire on the contactor was loose. It didn't want to start but when I got it home it pull started on the second pull. It probably needs a new battery. My truck sounded like it needs one too but was okay until today. And the message center came on today telling me to get the oil changed. Everything happens at once. Fix me, fix me, fix me.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider

SURPRISE! SURPRISE! We were only supposed to get half inch this morning, but when I got a chance to really open my eyes, after getting up, I was surprised to see much more than that, then after going outside, discovered nearly 4'' of lite fluffy stuff. but even though it was lite, by the time I made one pass with the wide snow shovel, 48'', it was a lot of bulk and pretty heavy to pick up to dump! Now with another 4-6'' tomorrow, might be the most snow we've had, so far this winter, in a 24 hr period!
Plow on the ready, and I will be getting videos tomorrow, for sure! after this next storm!

Old 01-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

Lucky man....4 in is plenty to plow, so quit bitching and get plowing!! Time is a wasting, more comming so get going! We only got 1/2 mabey a tad over, but the rain comming will mess that up. Looks like we will end up with a giant ice skating pond! Might be fun....grandkids want to do donuts on the ice...might have a chance!

Old 01-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

I did such a nice job shoveling, then booming driveways, sidewalks, You would be so impressed! And way before anyone around here ever got out of the sack! Then hours later my neighbor with the can-am/plow comes around the neighborhood plowing out, one lot after another, of our lazy, sleepy heads sidewalks, but in doing so, plows their snow down here out across my freshly cleaned walks, 3 lots long, leaving a good inch of snow left on walks and across drive, after his passing and plow burms crossing sidewalks and driveways and then he just keeps going on his marry way with this big grin on his face like he's really doing this wonderful/fine thing for his neighbors! Then later today, as always, the city plow will come down the street doing 80, and he always blasts the ice/snow/gravel from the street back on the sidewalks and driveways, and if we don't get out there within 10 min., when its this cold, it freezes instantly to the concrete, like rock hard, where the only way to remove it is with a hammer chisel. lol Just regular shoveling will either, slides right over it or will destroy a shovel in trying to do move it. Still enjoying the snow, as long as I don't let little things like this get under my skin lol More of this fun stuff falling by noon tomorrow!!

Quick Reply: Don't ride alone!! Very unsafe! Read here