Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

2019 St Helen ORV Super JAM....Join me!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 07-13-2019, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Yep saw that but cant get any to print...according to dnr it is all marked one way so your not gonna get lost.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Try taking a Ohio map and trace the trails onto it, it's pretty accurate that way. the only maps that are printable are the old trail maps, but you could use those, print them, then add new trails to it.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Maumee trails before 2019

print this and add new trails to it.

Old 07-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Ken, how about we head over to these new OHIO trails, and test drive them ourselves, bring your neighbors too, if they have the time. I'm very curious! lol

Old 07-13-2019, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Neighbor is a male nurse and works odd hours but definetly willing to go! Me...I have nothing better to do, other than taking my grandson to work when needed. Just let me know when...

Old 07-13-2019, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Your map looks pretty close to what I have found, total trails are both sides of twp rd 2, including all the dashed lines and red line.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

That map is from the original trail system, there's no updated map available yet showing the additional 15 miles, except the aerial satellite view, which I'll copy and bring you a copy, and i'm glad to hear you have the time too. Because I just finished installing the recommended carb jets to match the aftermarket exhaust, that the previous owner had installed but admitted he never found the time to finish the build by installing jets. When allowing more air in, requires more fuel to balance thing out. so I'm real anxious to test her out on some trails, since the only way to test it here is out here on the street, I'm very impressed with the results so far! it has cleared up the stutter i was getting before, when first hitting the throttle, proving the engine was thirsty for fuel, and has smoothed it out beautifully! Your call on when you find time to try out them there new trails!

Old 07-13-2019, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

They didnt add 15 miles, it is supposed to be 15 miles in total from 5 miles originally. Wont know for sure until we get there. Yep those jet sizes are inportant or you will burn pistons, and loose hp. That forrest is about 45 min from me so I can go most any time. The video shows a play area and wider trails than any I saw 10 years back, last time I was there.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:55 AM
Pro Rider

Today is not a good time for the ride, any time during the week is fine with me, your call. Were having a very important birthday party today, for Granddaughter hitting her adult, young age of the ''BIG 2-0''!! She has already worked steadily at Wallside Windows, with the rest of the family for 6 mo. already, with daddy going on 20 yrs, brother newbee over a month now, and mom the head janitorial captain, cleaning the heads lol a little potty humor there, but still a very important/needed job title, indeed! lol So sad in a way, since the whole family is contributing/working double time, 2 shifts for my son, with kids filling in when they can, helping mom with 5 hr, time consuming daily factory cleaning, and her 6 hr. cleaning a big Texaco gas supply co. on her own, to help pay off the cost/bank loan for their new $25k sxs/trailer, which has only been taken out for a couple days on 4th, and have no plans/vaca days left for another trip this year, ''according to my son'' even though before this last trip, he mentioned/bragged they had many days left for the year to ride Hence the recent searching for other trail/camping friends to fill in for my chronic atv thirsty freaking addition! lol I got the bug....and it ain't of the deer tick variety lol Will we ever grow up Ken....hope not, A? I really think my son has lost interest in riding after their first trip out, where their expectations were a little less, than anticipated! My son is that way, just like when we all got to Bull gap a few years back, after his buying the biggest/fastest quad ever built, the Raptor 700, yet was unable to climb it, after trying several times, with me and grandson waiting on him at the top of the hill, not that steep, but because he had the wrong kind of rear tires on, he was unable to plow through the powdery soft sand, leaving him burying it down to its axle! He was so embarrassed, thinking he was going to plow easily to the top, passing us up on the way to the top, You couldn't help but feel his embarrassment, and just like then on our last trip, where he was unable to complete the trip to Houghton lk, after begging the whole weekend to do the 30 mile trip, after the heavy storms went thru, then getting stuck in that deep trail ponding, causing him to tuck tail, and turn back, and was noticeably withdrawn for the remaining part of the trip! He's his own worse enemy, with this big enormous eggo, where it kills him not to alway be on top of things, such a perfectionist in everything he does! I just don't see him ever taking to it again, just not for him, he's like a fish out of water if he's not doing things he can do without failing, like where a work doing the same thing daily with very little variation, in his mental routine! My new tires should be here tomorrow, along with the new gen, which has been on the Fed up truck since Fri. and now promising Monday delivery, so I'll get back after getting them mounted before our anxiously anticipated OHIO trail run. Ohio....what's wrong with this picture, huh? lol Never thought I would ever be saying I heading down to Ohio to ride, maybe it will get things rolling to open up even more trails in the state, time will tell! Maybe tue or wed, would work ok for you?

Quick Reply: 2019 St Helen ORV Super JAM....Join me!!