Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NE OHIO RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to meet up with anyone who has access to the old&new conrail railroad tracks in trumbull/portage and surrounding counties. It is easy for me and friends to take the tracks everywhere from Warren, Nelson, Windham, Ravenna, or surrounding cities.

If anyone rides these tracks and would like to meet up to ride at different areas together let me know.
If you are not sure where the tracks are by you, mapquest.com has the tracks labeled if you zoom enough. I live on intersection of 305 and 422, but get on the tracks at a friends house. We have sandpits we ride at by the tracks and some trails. Just looking for more areas and people to ride with.

Old 05-09-2001, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Rice,

My buddy Will and I are looking for some places to ride in your area. We just need a place to park and some one to show us some trails. We would like to meet up with others so we can take some trips to pa and southern ohio. We are going to ride out in Hiram twp tommorow. I have a freind that lives on 6 acres. So we plan to do a little tresspassing. LOL! Let me know if you would like to meet up sometime.

Old 05-09-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

yeah that sounds cool. We have many different riding areas around here but most are connected to each other. I am now exploring the old tracks to find new areas. We also go to PA and ride at hillsville and Shenago. There is a new track that was just built by my house. It is probably the best quad moto cross track I have ever seen thats privately owned. I am still trying to catch the owner there riding so I can ask him to ride there.

Old 05-09-2001, 09:25 PM
Trailblazer

what is you email address so we can keep in touch. Mine is michael.canterbury@alltel.com or mcanterbury@neo.rr.com.

Old 05-09-2001, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Any of ya ever been to the RR tracks in Aurora? Cops will chase ya once in a while, but it makes it more fun!lol As long as you don't stop and pretend you didn't see them, than they can't impound your bike. Alot of guys go there, and the trax run up along Six Flags. It's cool for a Sunday ride. My buddy is friends with a pastor at a church who owns 40 acres that hook right up to the trax. He lets us park the truck in his parking lot.

Old 05-09-2001, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

I was planning on ride up the tracks up to six flags soon. It is 25 miles to there from my house on the tracks. I just would like to meet up with some people if I am going that far. I would be going with at least 2 other friends. So I am trying to organize a little get together. I have never rode the tracks up that far, but followed them on the map and it should be no problem. Let me know if anyone is interested. Would be a good way for us to be able to ride to each other's riding spots and that.

Old 05-10-2001, 06:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Riceburnin if you ride the rail road tracks in Windham becareful,someone let some cars go and conrail had there police there and the sheriff,if they catch you they will take your bikes.I dont live far from there and we have not been riding there since that happend.just wanted to let you know.

Old 05-10-2001, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

I used to ride the old cinder road trails by Mosquito Lake. I heard that they turned it into a walking trail, and are really cracking down on ATVs and trail bikes.

I have a group of about 20 guys going to Wayne National Forest June 8th, 9th, 10th. All are welcome.

Old 05-16-2001, 08:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

We ride the tracks behind SixFlags too. Last year when we were riding our quads back to the truck, a cop that was working security at the Solon VFW was there & we talked to him about an abandoned car that was on the tracks. He said they knew about it & couldn't do anything about it. They have no say over what happens along those tracks, it's the railroad's property. He never said a word to us about riding & we were on our 4wheelers while we talked to him!

Old 05-16-2001, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Monday night, 2 of my buddies and myself were riding some tracks by my house when we are headed for a road (old backroad) that we have to go up 1/2 mile to catch the other tracks. Well there was a cop car waiting at the road on the tracks. So we waited for him to leave then proceeded up the road. He was coming head on with us. He turned on his lights and sirens and kinda swerved at us. We all just went around him, got on the next tracks and went home.

I didn't really want to run from him, but he wasn't impounding my quad. I just wonder what we were doing wrong. I have a sticker for riding on back roads, unless he was trying to keep us off the tracks. I could see if we were in town or something,,but we were riding out by farms. Whats the big deal.

Now we have to load up to go to our riding spot.

Quick Reply: NE OHIO RIDERS