Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Badlands in IN

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ridden on these trails? Does it cost are they good trails, any info will help.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2001, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

No I haven't ridden there, but I have read allot about it, and talked to allot of people and EVERYONE/THING says that Haspins is better. Not to mention that if you are in Cincy, Haspins is at least 2 hours closer for you. You could be at Haspins within 2 hours, I think. Don't know if you have ridden there before, but it is AWESOME!!!
If you need info, give me a holler or look for their web site. Somewhere on this board there is a link to a site that will take you there. You would just have to look through the Hapins' chats to find it.

Old 05-16-2001, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

Here's the link to the Badlands website: www.badlandsoffroad.com

Old 05-16-2001, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider

I have been to the Badlands many times in the past year. I absolutely love it out there. I have not been to Haspin yet. The people I have spoken to about it says the Badlands are much better. So who knows, I'm sure they are both great to ride at. The Badlands I know does have a large dune area which Haspin Acres does not. Have fun where ever you go!!

Old 05-17-2001, 02:18 AM
Trailblazer

How far is Haspin from the Badlands?
Me and my uncle are goin to the Badlands the first week of july and are thinkin bout goin to Haspin also.Anyone goin to be there around that ime?

Old 06-02-2001, 01:13 PM
jad
Range Rover

Badlands are all mud. Was fun when I had a utility quad but now I think the place is not much fun on my Raptor. Nowhere to race and jump and ride aggressive. all slow swamp riding.

Old 06-02-2001, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

Yep it cost some money. The link is a good place to start. Someone said it's all mud and that is far from true. I don't have a sport ride but I spent a lot of time in the pea gravel area. It does offer something for all riders. I only saw one track if you call it that. Like I said, I'm not a sport rider but what I saw there was sad looking for a track. If you like mud, it's there. If you just like trails and no mud, you can go around the mud or avoid those mud areas. I'm not one to slam a place. If I can ride there, I'm happy.

Old 06-04-2001, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

Badlands all mud?!? I guess you missed a lot of the park.

Badlands are bad. You can kill your ATV there if you really ride it. The hills. Man, the hills. Up to 80 feet and some straight up at the end. I threw my ATV (all 600lbs of it) 15 feet into the air, straight up! I landed on the top of the hill, on my butt. The ATV came down right on its butt and than fell foward onto the wheels.

Old 06-04-2001, 11:40 PM
Range Rover

I have been to the badlands a couple of times, and would rather go to silver lake. My buddy and myself have gotten hurt. He rolled down a hill and hit a tree, hurting his back. I pulled my wrist out jumping out of the drain pipe, and it hurt for a month.

Be very careful there.

Rainman
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2001, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have road at the badlands alot ..i go about twice every other week ...the badlands is a great place to ride it has hills ..mud...a track..long trails ..tight twisty trails ..it has just about everything you can think of..but while your there you are almost certan to see some crazy people try some crazy things ... like when i was there yesterday there was a guy on a raptor who was going to try to climb a 75 or 80 foot hill that was at about a 75 degree angle...well he came flying down one hill and got to the top of the big one when the front end came up...he tried to save it but only ended up with a ride to the emergency room...after he got to the bottom of the hill he had a dislocated sholder and said he couldnt feal his legs....his bike had one foot peg his handlebars where pratcally in his gas tank ..his front tires where bent in his back tires where bent in ...his front arms where destroyed and the back axle was broke..so just so you know be prepared to see some crazy *** stuff..by the way its 10 dollars a day for 13 and younger 15 dollars a day for adults 25 for a 2 day pass and 30 dollars for a 3 day pass.....also is anyone going to the badlands this wensday ...just wondering because i am going to be there if you are there look for a gmc 4 door 1500 truckwith a trailor with a raptor a warrior 2 trail bosses and a scrambler...talk to you all later

Quick Reply: Badlands in IN