Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Drag races, mud run, & dust- Memorial Day weekend in Wisc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just reading the Ironwood Mi. Daily Globe and it was mentioned that N Third Ave and Bernard Street would be open for the Hurley ATV Rally so that people can get to the car wash. That is great!

But... I also noticed that AVE'S Polaris is only a block and a half way on Hwy 51. It would sure be great if the local authorities would allow access to this facility also for those who foul out spark plugs and plug up air filters during the festivities.

Based upon past experience it is best to bring at least one spare air filter (dust mask, and bandana) and a couple of spark pugs if you are going to the rally. Ave's has traditionally run out of these items year after year. (Don't ask me why)

But anyway, stay off of the side of State Rd. 51 with an ATV. This could result in a $150 fine per ATV. Same thing at Side Kicks in Iron Belt. Do not ride down the side of the highway to access the establishment. Use the trail through the woods behind the mud pit.

Old 05-15-2001, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info.

Old 05-15-2001, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

Thor,

The name is "Side Kicks" home of the best mud hole in town.

Old 05-15-2001, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

Yep, thats the name of the place all right. In fact here are some pictures of our ride up that way last year.

Enjoy..the mud pit pics are towards the bottom.

http://homepage.mac.com/can35o/album.html

Old 05-15-2001, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

>>>>>>Yep, thats the name of the place all right. In fact here are some pictures of our ride up that way last year.

Were you at Side Kicks the day that somebody put a Yamaha Warrior in the dumpster? (no comment) hehehe

Or the Grizzly on top of a Honda 450 Foreman?

Old 05-16-2001, 07:59 AM
Range Rover

Thor, NOPE wasnt there then but we were there last year when Side Kicks had their annual pig roast party. We were there the day before the pig roast and joanie asked if we could PLEASE come to the pig roast the next day as the people who would attend would get a kick out of our group.

We came the next day and she had a live band, food, beer, mud and lots of fun. We put on a small show for everyone by playing in the mud. The Harley guys got a real kick out of our crazyness.

This year our group is headed to Black River Falls and Clark county for our annual ride. We end up with about 20 guys. Always a good time.

Old 05-16-2001, 09:16 AM
Range Rover

Where does your group stay in BRF? Great riding area. I'll be up there for the rally this weekend. You guys going?

Trending Topics

Old 05-16-2001, 04:28 PM
Range Rover

Always stay at the Arrowhead Lodge (I think they still call it that) right off of Hwy54 by the gas station and Perkins.

We like it there as the trail leaves there, has gas, food, bar and hot tub/pool.

We do trailer up to Clark County and cruise up to Rock Dam Lake which is a great ride.

We are not going this weekend. We will be up there the 31st of May till June 3rd. We try and avoid all the large crowds. Trails are faster with less crowds.

Jeff

Old 05-16-2001, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

Thor:
The hats are in. Sounds like our group will be small this year. Probably just as well. Everyone has been contacted and so far I have had no replies. We must have tired everyone out last year. I wonder if our friend will be giving tickets out to all the 2001 sportsman owners for having to heavy machines for the wisconsin trail(650#) is the limit. Mac the Red Whino, I mean Rhino and myself will be up late thursday night. I will not arrive into Iron Mountain untilseven or eight on thursday and then have to rush home, pack and load up and we will be on our way!!! Cant wait.
jigginjack
charter member of Da "HO TRAIN"
come ride the "HO TRAIN"

Old 05-22-2001, 02:00 PM
Mac
Range Rover

Well, Thor I see Jiggin Jack is all excitied for this upcoming weekend. I hope my p/u is ready from the body shop thanks to a small deer on the run ran into me couple of weeks ago. Now, since i don't have to pay for the vension i hit like those fellows from wis did shining after 10:00 pm. But did cost the insurance co. $1838. though!
I have a little something to give the HO Train members when i see them on Friday AM.
Just two more days and we will be riding.

PS Isn't there any body going trail riding from the UP for the weekend ??? or just a few folks from Minn and the rest from Wis??

Mac The Red Rhino Member of the HO TRain

Quick Reply: Drag races, mud run, & dust- Memorial Day weekend in Wisc.