Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Attn. N. Ohio riders, no more Garfield Hts. riding!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2001, 07:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attempted to go riding there Mon. But as we rounded the corner to enter behind K-mart there was a cop talking to a truck with bikes in it. So we waited around to talk to the cop (who was really cool and a rider himself) and he told us the owners don't want anyone there anymore and to strictly enforce it. It seems the rumors of people being killed there are true! 2 in the last year! And guess what? One of the kids family is sueing because they didn't do a good enough job of keeping their kid out of where he shouldn't have been! They are also going to start cutting Transportation Blvd. all the way thru to Rockside. Another place to scratch off the ever decreasing list of places to ride. ):
It looks like I will have to ride MX tracks only. Anyone with suggestions on were to ride please post them.
What is the latest word on Hillsville?

Old 05-29-2001, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was gonna post this awhile ago, but I really didn't see anyone from around here on the forum so her it goes.......
They are developing all 500 acres, 200 of which are in Garfield Heights. They are REVOVING a total of 430,000 CUBIC YARDS OF GARBAGE! It's suppoased to be the largest landfill ever moved in the U.S. They are supposed to extend Transportation BLVD. thru to Rockside, and then they are going to branch another down in the valley. It's gonna smell nasty! They had to install air filters in the Marymount Surgery Center in order to control odors. They even have emergency plans worked out in case they hit a barrel of toxic waste [Since they did not monitor what was dumped in the dump over 20 years ago]
YESSS The stories are true! I was there when one of the people died! His buddies were searching for him for over 45 minutes then they found him with a broken neck by the steep hill by Antennucci Blvd. Lifeflight landed back there and he was dead on arrival.
I live right down the street. I do know of more places to ride near by. If you wanna go ridin some time let me know.

1998 Scrambler 500