Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Warning!!! Crystal lakes, NJ means getting arrested.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What luck I have. Last sunday my bud and I went to burn some fuel at (Crystal lakes) NJ, and before we even got in some guys there told us that cops where inside with flatbed trucks, taking quad, dirtbikes, owners and trucks.
When are they gonna leave us alone man!!! I know its private property, but we are not doing harm to anybody. I just wish that stupid people would stop ruining everything for everyone else. And also that all of those old f*rts that run this police stations will retire already. Come on let us have fun, dont hate us because you dont understand us.
I didnt even get a chance to try out my new paddle tires, what a shame. Well peace out peeps.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2001, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, i never saw them back there with a flatbed. DOnt park near the lake, park back in the woods. The cops want to keep people out because of the death that happened 2 years ago and the 20 new cars they found at the bottom of the lake last year.

Old 06-13-2001, 01:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like a great place to ride!

Old 06-13-2001, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

I know what happened 2 years ago, I was there, it was a sad day. But that was 2 years ago, they have to let up a little. If it wasnt an awesome place to ride I wouldnt even mind complaining about it.
I will try this week again. I have a 4x4 so I always hide my truck.
Peace

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2001, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

the only thing that cops are good for is bothering you.....i say to hell with the police....i've been there but that was last year......you can't park near the lake...YOU HAVE TO PUT YOUR VEHICLE IN THE WOODS

Old 06-13-2001, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

"When are they gonna leave us alone man!!! I know its private property, but we are not doing harm to anybody."

Are there signs around saying "No Trespassing", or "Private Property, Keep Out" posted anywhere? Regardless of whether there are or not, it sounds as if you really shouldn't be there. I mean, if they go as far as to take flatbeds in to haul out vehicles, quads AND owners, -not to mention the fact that you have to "HIDE" your truck in the woods, that kind of sounds to me like they're pretty serious about keeping people out.

Forgive me here, but you say "I just wish that stupid people would stop ruining everything for everyone else", when it sounds to me like it's not just stupid people, it's even guys like yourselve's who are obviously trespassing when not warranted or respecting the rights of the property owners, by "hiding out" in the woods.

Have you guys tried contacting the property owners to get written permission to ride there? Quite possibly, if you were man enough to walk up to the owner and ask politely for written permission to ride occassionally out there, they might just give it too you. Hell, then you wouldn't have to "hide" your truck, or have any reason to even run from the cops. You could just park out in the open where they will see you, just show them your "permit" and go on about your way, never to be hassled again from the police.

I have to agree with you that not all cops can be trusted. I have had a few run-ins myself with them, and been accused of some things that never happened, forcing me to go to court and spend my own money to get out of something I didn't even do. However, in this aspect, it sounds as if the property owners have called the police in there for a reason-they obviously don't want people in there. I hate to say this, but by evading the police, hiding your trucks in the woods, and frankly, riding where you know full out well that it's against the law, YOU are the ones making a bad name for the rest of us atv'ers who DO respect the laws, land and ESPECIALLY property owners.

Flame me if you will, whatever makes you happy, but still, you should have at least SOME respect for the property owners. I own land myself, so I know exactly how they feel about people on their land. I have problems all the time with people tearing up the land, letting the cows loose, stealing horses, breaking into my cabin-stealing the contents, including the wood stove on 3 separate occassions. Do I have signs? Hell yes, posted everywhere. Gates everywhere as well. Will I let people in if they ask? Hell yes. I take name and number of whoever is wanting access to my land, and for what reason. It is beautiful country up there, and if they wish to enjoy it, as long as they respect me and my requests, I have no problem with it. My taking their name and number, as well as vehicle make, description, license plate, etc., I can contact them or go to the police if anything is destroyed, or stolen. In essence, I am the law by "policing" my own ground. When things get out of hand or destroyed, something I can't handle within the legal limits of the law, I can go to the cops or Tribal Police with my information and they can handle it. Either way, everybody wins-those who do ask generally get permission. Those that trespass are dealt with accordingly.

So, if you question my reasons for posting, I believe as a property owner myself, I have reason enough. Sure, I can't tell you to STOP riding in that area, as you won't do it anyway, but what I can do is ASK that you at least try to make acquaintances with the rightful owner, seeking permission. What do you have to loose? If he says yes, CONGRATS!, You get to ride! If he says NO, and you don't respect his wishes, you now face loosing your ride, your vehicle, probable fines and maybe even jail time. Gee, if it were up to me, I think I'd be either seeking permission or finding a new place to ride.

Mike

Old 06-13-2001, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

forget that dude. There is nothing in this land but woods and sand.
nothing that you can destroy by riding there. The problem lies that there is new town houses been built around it, but the are kinda far, and all the rich people that leave around there hate seeing us. Which they should pay attention to their sons and daughters that go there at night and do god knows what.
Personally I dont care if I go in there, cuz NJ sucks and I know it is not going to get easier. By the way where do you have this land Cowboy? :-). I just wish I won the lottery and buy this land, I would make the phatest place to ride there.
And it is not only this place they have closed down, further down the parkway was this nice wooded area which is a national park. Every trail has been closed up because two girls got hurt there last year. I dont think there is any hope for NJ, gots the get out of here.
Peace.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2001, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Well, hate to say it but it sounds as if you're in a pretty bad situation there. I know exactly what you mean about the "rich" people moving in around you and ruining everything for everybody around them. Worst part is, they've got money and they know it, as a result, they'll bitch and complain about anything and everything just to make sure THEY are the only happy ones around. I used to have great quail hunting right outside my back door across the back fence. Then, some rich guys built a house across the street, even though it was zoned "country", and you could shoot legally without problems, once the rich guys moved in, they called the cops every time I shot a bird-whether clay pigeons or quail! They raised such a stink that the city went through and annexed it, made it part of the city-which it never was before. As a result, now it's nothing but houses anymore.

As for my property, we have roughly 1,200 acres in northern Washington, about a 45 minute drive south of the Canadian border. Add in my cousin's land of roughly 5,000 more, we've got a nice little spread. No real challenging riding, just really pretty country. Our cabin sits on an 80 acre meadow that overlooks a creek, just a hundred yards below the porch. Used to wake up every morning to see several deer, and if you were early enough-black bear usually with cubs. There's an old beaver dam up the creek about a half mile or so on my own personal land, lots of nice brook trout.

Anyway, best of luck to ya with your little problem there, hope it works out for you in the long run. It's a damn shame what all the politicians and environmentalists are doing to our own "public" lands these days.

Take care,

Mike

Old 06-14-2001, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also heard they will be raidingport elizebeth this summer. they will block off the main raod and come into the pits with flatbeds and take you quads/bikes. I do not have any other info on this raid. If anyone from Pa rides there get your bike registered in Pa it will save you on one ticket. Also insurance helps.

Old 06-14-2001, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

There is no rich people down there, the townhouses are cheap down there. There is about 8000 acres of land down there and it is all open sand and pine trees. To tell you the truth the cops want to keep out all you guys that come from North NJ and NY. Well they really want everyone to stay out but one cop told me they want to spread the word to the guys up North that you cant ride there anymore. The jet skieer that drowned was from PA and the cars that they found at the bottom of the lake stunk of insurance fraud that they traced to people that were not from around here. I think the cops just dont want attention drawn to their town from lots of people from out of the area, i dont know. Will someone please win the lottery or get with some old rich bag and buy that land and make a great ATV park.

Quick Reply: Warning!!! Crystal lakes, NJ means getting arrested.