Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Warning!!! Crystal lakes, NJ means getting arrested.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well whatever it is, might not all be rich people but they are complaining, and the police cant complaint that there a getting money out of the tickets.
Manchester I guess is a small town. I live close to New York city, and thats the only place I have found thats nice to ride on. I know there are tracks in Pa, and down futher down the shore. But I bet none of those places beats this place in size and all the stuff you can do there. Its a far ride from where I live but, I fell in love with that place the first time I stepped in there.
Now for the cops, does anybody know if its just the cops from manchester or dover that are bugging?, cuz both towns have a chunk of that place.
Somebody told me that the son of the guy that owns the land used to ride there, man I wish he would do something.
Peace out
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2001, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

Same goes for southern Ohio in Noble County. All of the old coal land was always free for anyone to ride on or whatever. It never got out of hand, and there was never ever any one there, just the occasional locals who went out to putt around. Now the state of Ohio bought out the land and claims that ATVs cause erosion on the land. The game warden is now going around and ticketing people out the a**. It stinks! I always use to go down to the open country to get a sense of freedom and go where ever I wanted. It was cool, and now I cant do that no more. Now IT SUCKS!

Old 06-14-2001, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

It's the Manchester cops that will bust your *****, i was parked at the end of Northampton and a Dover cop pulled up and he was cool to me and he left me alone as i was unloading my quad, he was looking for some kids that were dragging down highway 37. There are a bunch of kids down there that live in the area and they cross over 37 to get there and people call the cops on them. All i can say is this isn't the only place to ride and its not the best but when the word gets spread about a cool place it gets ruined just like this place.

Old 06-14-2001, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

have any of you been over to claytons in awhile or is that totally off limits now...also write down what kind of quad you have so maybe we can recognize each other if we ever happen to be at one of these places...i ride an 88 banshee and an 88 honda 200sx

Old 06-15-2001, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

hey i emailed the department of state parks and they replied by saying

I am responding to your request from e-mail you sent to Celeste Tracy asking several questions about riding ATV's in New Jersey. You are correct that ATV's are prohibited in all state parks and forests. The Division of Parks and Forestry is presently reviewing its policies on off-road vehicle use in the state parks and forests and considering views of off-road vehicle users as well as other park users. We also do not know individual municipal policies regarding ATV's.

For more information regarding the Division of Parks and Forestry rules about off-road vehicles, contact:
Richard Barker, Assistant Director
State Park Service
501 E. State Street
PO Box 404
Trenton, NJ 08625-0404
Tel: 609-292-2772

Old 06-24-2001, 07:30 PM
Range Rover

NJ IS A LOST CAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2001, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer

Well now its closed forever.
I went down this sunday, which I shouldnt of and guess what I found. Cops everywhere. Manchester cops now have permission from dover town to block and give out tickets and all the entrances on dover even North Hampton so good bye crystal lakes.. I'll miss you. he he

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2001, 02:33 PM
Range Rover

Cowboy,

I agree with everything you said. Too bad I live in Connecticut or I would definitely ask permission to ride your property. Sounds like it would make for some nice easy, enjoyable and beautiful days.

Good luck and thanks for the offer.

Old 06-26-2001, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you Mr. Baatz, you're welcome anytime you make it out this way. "Nice easy, enjoyable and beautiful days" are exacty it. Like I said, no real technical challenging stuff, just putting around the property or running all the logging roads, but "nice, enjoyable and beautiful" are exactly it. Relaxing. Pretty country-nice scenery and good wildlife, combined with your ride and a nice sunny day make it a great place to be.

Best of luck to you, sorry we're not closer to go riding sometime. Hey, if you still see T.F., say hello for me will ya!

Mike

Old 06-26-2001, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah. It's a shame but it's also the NJ way. It's called police having nothing better to do then chase people on bikes/quads and harassing kids hanging out.

I'm 34 and I recently moved to FL from NJ. I will NEVER move back. I sold 2 bikes (a LT250R and a tricked out LT500R...kicking self) because of the BS everytime I went out to ride and got harrassed. (Old Lakewood fill..which is houses now..go figure, Stavoli, Gliddens, etc).

Gliddens (jackson) used to be awesome like 6 years ago. Tons of people having a good time out there climbing that big hill...probally not anymore

NJ will never change, so don't hold your breath.

Down here in FL I just purchased a Raptor and I can ride down my driveway, over a few blocks, down the side of the road 2 miles and into MILES of trails down here in southwest florida. No hassles. I can throw it in the pickup and park right next to the Fire House/Police Sat. station and go ride directly across the road from it.

Pick a map of the US and throw a dart at it and it will be better than NJ and it's BS

If you can manage to sneak out and blast..have fun

Den

Quick Reply: Warning!!! Crystal lakes, NJ means getting arrested.