Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Luther, Mi

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 09:25 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, I was thinking Scott could be called HELMETTESTER, LOL, just glad you were ok, you guys have a great trip.

Old 06-19-2001, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Troy,
I dont like your nickname for Scott[lol].If you remember correctly,his helmet was NOT SET,it flew off during his courtship with that tree.He did not tie his hemet strap when he put his helmet on!Shame on him,im glad he came out uninjured.This is NOT something a safety instructor likes to see.
Bill

Old 06-19-2001, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,
I leave my thread for a couple days, and look what happens! I was excited I'd get a few riders together, but NO![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Everyones talking about the Poker Run. J/K Actually, I wish I could make it but I've had plans for that weekend for some time now.
As it stands now, my wife and I, plan on riding the Luther, and Kalkaska trails this weekend. Along with some canoeing, and shoes, with are local friends. My partner is coming up the following Thursday, and were heading to Black Lake, and then on to Drummond for the weekend. We do plan on canoeing either the Sturgeon or Ocqueoc while we're in the northern lower.

4wheelitis,
I think Michimaniac described the little Manistee trail pretty well. I prefer not to ride it during the summer, the bikes, and all the other traffic, whoop it up pretty well. It is also sandy like the others in the area. Tin Cup, and Lincoln hills are a little different. They're generally in better condition, with more hard pack, although not difficult. Their are some tricky hills on both that will give you a thrill though. The bridge over the Pine at Lincoln hills is open to ATV's again. The trail runs to Cadillac. I don't know if the trail is offically open, or their just allowing access to the campgrounds though, I will check on that this weekend.

Michimaniac,

I played softball in 'Hicksburg' a few years ago. I don't even remember the team name. It was one of the downtown bars. I was the top hitter, and we only won one game. I gave up on them. I still have some good friends there though. Another rider from there has Emailed me before. Was that you? As far as the Pine is concerned. My favorite put-in is at the end of 5 mile road. Just northeast of Luther at a place ampley named Briar patch. It's a good access, and it wont be long before you get a good thrill. My favorite resting hole is in the middle of the river at North Skookum. It's amazing to see how many panic when there are 4 or 5 lawn chairs in the water when they come around the corner.

Anyways, You guys enjoy your Poker Run. Actually, I think Rich got my Email addy, and told me what he was planning last year, and I passed it on. See what I do for you guy's. Sounds like it turned out well. I will plan on going next year though.

Cheers,
Brian