Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Central Pa riders beware

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know how many of you there are on this board but for those of you that know the area stay away from Steele Mnt. Ive been riding there for over 20 years and today I was told no more and fined 100.00$. For the full story read my post under the Pa this Sucks post. I think its time that we in Central Pa got together and tried to do something for our area. We can complain and b-tch all we want but that wont change anyhting. People in other areas have got together and found or even created riding areas. I dont mind driving 2 hours up to ANF but I'm not going to do that on a every other weekend basis. Any suggestions ? For you people from around the country reading this post what have some of you done ?

Sick and tired of being screwed, charged more taxes, fined and kicked out.

Who really cares what I ride, I dont have anywhere to ride it anymore.

Old 08-14-2001, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer

Scram,
Do you ever ride by Big Murph in Altoona? We usually ride there. Hubby says they can't bother us there cuz it's private property. I think he's full of ****, but we haven't been bothered yet. There's also a little riding area off of Mill run after the tunnel on the right hand side. We ride up there every now and then. We were just there last Saturday, and it was pretty nice. They're doing some kind of work up there, grated the paths so they're pretty smooth. Let us know if you ever wanna hook up and go riding.

Old 08-14-2001, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Amy
I have ridden Murph a bit and I think I might be familiar with the area around Mill Run. Its allways nice to ride with some new people I'll keep the invite in mind. I'm still bumming about my weekend experience, riding on Steele Mnt is in my opinion the best in Central Pa.

Old 08-15-2001, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

Scram,
I'm not familiar with Steele Mnt. Guess I won't be either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Anytime you wanna come with us, let us know. We just went up last night for a while. Hubby got stuck in a mudhole at the bottom of Big Murph. It was hillarious. He said he didn't want to get muddy, but he had an audience there, so he decided to try it. Oh brother did he get muddy! God I love ATVs! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-16-2001, 02:05 AM
Trailblazer

Hey scram500man i emailed you a couple of times. It has been the longest time since i have posted anything here but hey. Murph is cool i didn't know that so many people from around altoona were in this forum. I ride up in murph a lot i am supposed to go there this sunday. That new atv law sure does suck. Legislators can go to hell they basically all suck. Atleast murph and that whole general area can't be shut down.