Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Detroit MI

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 10:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has you confused ???, Chuck must think I'm somebody else, Bill you may have
to straighten things out. Though I have rode with Bill I don't believe I ever met you, though from your post you sound like a good person to ride with. As you can see from previous post I live in southfield and frequenct the mounds often. I have ONE WIFE and ONE BOY which just got his first toy for his 14th birthday (KX80)Bill knows him, names Rich, still trying to STEAL Bill's recon $$$$ but looking towards 250ex. I would be glad to join the gain this fall on a COLORS RUN in the U.P., sounds like my kind of trip, atleast the BUGS will be gone then, lol

Scott
01' Rancher ES
91' KX80 (race ready)

Old 09-18-2001, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Scott,
No,you have never met Chuck.He has you confused with a guy/kids we rode with in the U.P.?And forget the Recon.Its gone.A guy from Davison bought it for his 13 yr old son.I let it go for 2500 and a promise from the kids dad that he will take the ATV Safety course.

Bill

Old 09-18-2001, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Oh! I see Bill has his Polaris OUT of the SHOP-- AGAIN...
Save the Cadet Bill. You'll need it the next time your Polaris is in the shop. Who rides that quad the most, the dealer or the dealer's kids?
Yeah, OK! I got you wrong, Scott. Forget I said anything... See you later. Maybe...
Chuck

Old 09-18-2001, 08:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its pretty tough to have much go wrong with a quad a YEAR older than my Xplorer and with LESS miles on it.The more miles you ride[allmost 2000],the better your chances are of defects.But I will agree,it is in the shop more than I like it to be.

Bill

Old 09-18-2001, 10:06 PM
TQO
Trailblazer

I don't have much good to say about Polaris. They have been the most arrogant people that I have talked to about my bike. I have 13 miles on the 3rd motor rebuild, but am afraid to take it up north. The bike has 1650 miles on the trailer and 35 on the ground. Not a good record. Can't cry about my first Polaris though. 3500 miles in 2 outfitting seasons and very minor troubles.

My trip to Quebec was cancelled today, but my head guides brother passed away this afternoon and I may be headed north. Life is never easy.

When do you guys want to ride?

Michigan Out of Doors will be there on the 28th of September. The following weekend, I may be in Nebraska shooting Bambi, the next weekend is free and empty.

Don't worry about the $ Chuck. You have saved so much over the years by only buying 1/2 a quad, burning 1/2 the fuel and quaffing a few beers that you jumped the tab on. Money is not an excuse. You can always stay at my little cabin in the woods (the Ten Point Club).

Talk to you later.

Rich
Tahquamenon Hotel
Tahquamenon Outfitters
Hulbert, MI

Old 09-19-2001, 04:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Rich,
im going to call the guys maybe later today.Im leaning in the direction of leaving on Thursday,Oct the 11th,and riding the 12th-13th and headed home Sunday morning,the 14th,I have only discussed this with Joe so far,he likes that date.I'll be talking to the rest of the guys to see if they can ride that wk end.I have ATV Safety classes EVERY wk end EXCEPT that one in Oct.I have no classes this wk end,but I am schuduled to teach next Saturday.As soon as I see where the rest of the gang is with this,I'll let you know.

Bill

Old 09-19-2001, 05:57 AM
TQO
Trailblazer

That's my best weekend also.

Rich

Old 09-23-2001, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Well I finally made it to Detroit and ended up with a 1 bedroom apt in Southgate (Maple village in the name of the complex). It seems really nice. I was not able to big my ATV up with me but I am planning on driving back to Pgh in the next few weeks to get it so I can do some trail riding around here. (I was out of room for the ATV with all the other junk and 5000lbs trailer I was towing.) I have learned I am the ONLY person in all of lower MI with a Toyota truck and not a Ford. Maybe it is time I trade the Toyota for a F250.....
Thanks again for all the help and I really hope to meet ya all on the trail or a club meeting! (I am checking into more club info sometime today!)
Thanks again!!!
Scott

Old 09-23-2001, 10:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Code54,
we are planning a 3 day trip to the most beautiful side of our State in October.Stay in the ''Where to ride section''of the Forums and look at the heading,''Hulbert Mich ride,11th,12th,13th and going home on the 14th''

If you can join us,feel free to do so.We'd love to have you along,

Bill

Old 09-24-2001, 08:44 PM
Range Rover

Code54,
Nice to see your settling in. I would have to say opt. for the Dodge as a replacement. You were wondering about riding area's in Michigan, Send me an email with your address and I can send you a CDROM with all the state trails and riding area's to make it easier. Makes it nice to print a new one each time you go riding.

Hope you concider the UP ride coming up.

Happy trails,
Jeff
jvancamp7@home.com

Quick Reply: Detroit MI