Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Does anybody know of good riding places in Nebraska?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know of good riding places in Nebraska?

Automaniac: The place in central Nebraska that I have been too is one mile north of a town called Halsey. You can drive your quad from the campsite to the trails. From what I am told there are trails all over the forest. They have some trails that are for 4x4 trucks and some for quads. I rode two days and about 100 miles of trails.

Old 03-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

How far is it to the State Forest?

Old 03-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

From Omaha it takes about 4 1/2 hours to get to the forest.

Old 03-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

that forest is was man made in the depression, i think it might be the largest man made forest, the gov made it to create jobs

Old 03-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Trailblazer

Quadrookie- Tell us about the place out by Des Moines? We are from the Omaha area and Des Moines isn't to far a drive. I read some stuff about the National Forest area out by Halsey, but it didn't give a whole lot of info. Anyone else have opinions on Halsey? Just waitin for spring!! Can't wait to get out and ride. Everything around here is still mushy from the melting snow!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2003, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is an old rock quarry near Mo valley that has some trails, so I hear. I am headed there this weekend. I know some people who ride there and they claim it is OK. I will give a report on the place Sunday for any one who is interested. FYI: from what I hear a group of people go to the forest every Easter weekend and ride. At that time there are not too many people around and they are not charging for camping yet. I know of about 6-10 people including myself from Omaha and CB area who are planning on going. If any one is interested let me know and I can get more info.

Old 03-14-2003, 02:48 AM
Trailblazer

Please give info about "rock quarry" near Mo Valley!!! We actually live in Blair, just across the river. Have you ever ridden this place before? There are a few of us from Blair who are always looking for new places to ride. We are hoping to ride this weekend if it would just dry out??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
Everything is getting kinda swampy around here!! Looking forward to riding the new bike......Although these big puddles all around give me lots of ideas for her Sportsman! She likes testing it's limits more than me. I let her go first then I go. I don't like gettin stuck unless we have lots of pullin power with us!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

When exactly are you planning on riding up in these parts? If you are are interested we would love to meet up to ride. We are looking to ride on Sat.

Later[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have never been to the quarry before. I just got my quad and have only been riding one time before (the forest). I do not own a truck or trailer so I have to tag a long with my brother when ever he goes ridding. Being a quarry I don't think that it will be to muddy. I will try and get directions to the place and post them.

Old 03-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Trailblazer

Cool, hope to hear from ya![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Always happy to find new places to ride. It just seems that whenever we do find a new place it's either not close to home or not in Nebraska. Our state is really behind the times to say the least. Every day I read in Dirt Wheels about some new ride area or ATV park, jamboree, etc. in some other state....Yet our taxes go up every year and they don't spend our trail funding on any trails?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to the quarry yesterday. The place was awesome. There are a lot of trails trough the hills. Do to the mud I was unable to hit all of the trails. (too slick) The place does not have a lot of areas where you can get a lot of speed. I feel that it is better than the park in CB. Sat. there were about 20 quads out there. Most of them were sport quads. For the directions on how to get there I will try and explain them to the best of abilities. Heading north from Omaha on I-29 take the Mo Valley exit. Stay on HWY 30 east till you get to Logan. Go through Logan. Out side of Logan you will cross a river. Once you cross the river you will take the first left on a gravel road. I am not sure of the name of the road. If you go right at the intersection it will take you to HWY 34. (you may want to check a map) If you would like better directions email me.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know of good riding places in Nebraska?