Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Does anybody know of good riding places in Nebraska?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 02:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know of good riding places in Nebraska?

I could kill my computer...I was wondering of you had gone to this place or not?? For some reason I didn't get an email that you had responded to this thread? Our old computer crashed pretty hard in the last week and a half or so.

Glad to hear that you went and enjoyed a new riding spot. Do you happen to know who owns the land or is it just one of those places that you ride??? I live in Blair and have been over to the MoValley area several times before, you think we could find it easy enough?? We love hills!!! Always happy to try any place new!!! Yo planning on going out that way soon?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 02:46 AM
Trailblazer

Dude--

I am stupid.......
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I can't find your email. I want better directions...even though I will still have to drive out that way in hopes of findind it on my own.

Thanks for the help in advance!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2003, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would like to go to Genoa sometime. Would it be worth bringing a 125cc Trimoto 3 wheeler?

Old 08-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: deeppaul
There is a place in central Nebraska. It is a state forest with some pretty good trails and camping. I went there last weekend for the first time. It was colder than hell about 2 degrees or so, so didn’t want to spend a lot of time on the trails. There are a lot of trails and some hills to climb.
The area that deeppaul is talking about is the Nebraska National Forest near Halsey Nebraska. It is NOT a state forest. Visit www.halseytrails.com

In Nebraska, it violates state environmental policy to operate an ATV or dirtbike for recreation on, in or NEAR any state controlled and managed lands. During endangered species habitat nesting season, a person operating an ATV near an endangered bird nesting site could be fined $10,000, jail, AND have their machine confiscated.

From what I understand, Nebraska is the most anti-ATV state in the nation, and there have been many efforts to close the few areas now open. This is really odd since almost one-fifth of all ATVs and dirt bikes sold in the US are made in Lincoln Nebraska at the Kawasaki plant.

The Genoa area has seasonal closures, and NOHVA members are mailed the dates when it's open and closed. Also a membership will allow you to attend the jamborees that are held there twice a year. Last spring 1250 ATVs were at the jamboree. The next one is in October and I'll be there! The web site for info is www.nohva.com

Old 08-28-2003, 12:43 PM
Range Rover

N/M

Old 08-29-2003, 05:18 AM
Trailblazer

Just like Nebraska to give you a $500 ticket for something that is perectley legal across the river in Iowa![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Let's face it Nebraska is way behind the times and always will be!

Old 09-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have ridden in Halsey ALOT, it isn't a state park, it is a federal deal. THe rangers really don't mess with you unless you are being an idiot. THere is quite a bit of area to ride, the trail to the dismal river is almost 20 miles. It's alot of fun. As for genoa, alot of my buddies have rode there, they all say it is fun. The drag racing events are popular there. I will be there this October!!

Old 09-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

The Dismal River trail is 9.4 miles long. Other trails that exist include 201, 214, Stoltenburg loop, scenic trail, the poison ivy trail, hill climb south, coyote loop and grouse trail, power line loop trail and many two track trails to wind mills.

There is a NEW travel plan for the Halsey/Nebraska National Forest area in the works NOW. The result may be
(1) keeping existing trails,
(2) closing all trails except for the Dismal River trail,
(3) maybe adding new routes (depending upon the support from ATV and dirtbike riders).

Read the following article for more info.... www.halseytrails.com/travelplan.htm

NOHVA is trying to ensure that at least the existing trails now open will stay open under the new travel plan, but there is very little ATV and dirtbike rider support for this. Check out the new web site for this at Halsey Trails Committee

The Fall Jamboree at Headworks will be held on October 4th and 5th. Check out the web site at www.nohva.com/jamboree.htm

Old 09-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

The reason there is so little suportt from ATVers and bikers is because of the state![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Nebraska is very ANTI- ATV and ANTI-Bike. Hell Nebraska is ANTI-everything except taxes!! I would never expect much out of a state that licenses snowmobiles, but yet doesn't have one mile of trail system in this entire state. All the places people talk about to ride in Nebraska on this website are ALL debateable![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] The facts are that ATV's and dirt bikes are NOT legall for use anywhere in this entire state!! Anyone who disagrees then let me know of one public, private, government-funded, LEGAL riding place that ANYONE AND EVERYONE CAN RIDE AT and I will eat my own words.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Until Nebraska legally licenses and registers ATVs and dirt bikes what is the use??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Hell ALL of our machines are licensed in Iowa and that is where we ride. That is where I buy all of my parts, Tim Oneill in CB. We don't buy there because they are cheaper, we do because our tax money is going to a state that promotes, and develops riding areas for off-roaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think what might help is, if every single owner would register there machines in Iowa, keep all their receipts of parts, food, gas, etc. bought while riding outside of Nebraska for a year and than if everyone sent copies to the correct people in legislature, then maybe, just maybe this money hungry state might just might change it's mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that Nebraska is losing my $500 a year to Timber Ridge in Iowa, becuase it has more ridable acres than this entire state will ever have in my lifetime!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-10-2003, 02:42 AM
zoo
Pro Rider

I've rode the small area (riding park) just across the river in Iowa. It's ok for a quick ride, but the trails are just too narrow for the Zilla, and barley big enough for the 400EX. The only opened area has been flooded until recently. I plan to join NOHVA, to hook up with other riders in area, and to get the inside scoop of all the riding areas, and hopefully make it to the jamboree in Oct.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know of good riding places in Nebraska?