Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bonnet Carre' Spillway in LaPlace Louisiana

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and a few friends of mine will be there this weekend cuttin' up. If you see a Red, white, and Blue Raptor or a hopped up 400 Polaris, tell me that you read this ad. Come join in the carnage.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2001, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,hows the new mx track there.I heard there was a mx track at
the spillway,is that true.I've never been there since my first
ride on a mx track back in 95.

Old 11-05-2001, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

I went there about 8 months ago and I saw something similar to a kids racetrack with some very small jumps. As far as a large racetrack for motocross, I really haven't seen anything close to it. They may have built something since then. I also heard that they were going to expand the ride area. This maybe another change I was not aware of. Oh well, Later and thanks for the reply.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2001, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

what kinda rules they got at he spillway besides having a helmet. do they check for spark arresters.i heard it was mostly mud.

Old 11-08-2001, 08:31 AM
Pro Rider

As far as spark arrestors go I really dont think they care about that. No firearms, you need helmets, no flags needed, and as far as the mud goes, there is little to no mud. You really have to look for it to get into it. There are little ponds here and there which some people make them into mud pits. I might add that I have not been there right after a good rain, but right now it is dry to the bone. There are a lot of straightaways that are about a mile long so you will defenitely be able to test your top end. It is not a wooded area either, so the need for spark arrestors I dont see the need for. The trails are fast and they go through grass about a foot tall. There are some sandy areas which arent much but defenitely dont bring the paddles. Finally it closes at 19:00 hours.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2001, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

hay guys,

What do you want to know.
As far as rules, the rangers and sherrif patrol the place and won't say any thing unless you don't wier a helmet or are drinking.

markvette,
The mx track is awsome.
everything you could ask for, can't see any better one on public land in the country.

delta dawg,
Thiers about 100 miles of wooded and wet trails.
Thiers three levels of enduro trails, and three levels of four wheeling trails.

I was thier sunday and it's very dry but still plenty of water to whaulow in.

It's taken me nine months at six to eight all day trips to find eighty percent of what they offer.
The kids track isn't a kids track it's a gocart track built last spring.
Where you were talking about sounds like the midle section were the sand is.

I can't explain the place it's to big!!

e-mail me and I'll meet you all thier any time, I work 7/7 and just came to work today.
I'm going on 11/17 and then on 11/18 with some guys from houma who have never been thier before.

The place changes weekly. My son and I got lost for an hour and a half sunday night just checking out new trails.

The place is cool, leave the pattles at home and meet me thier I'll show you the place