Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WNY Riderz Topic(4 wny riderz only)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. This is for ppl that ride and live in wny. Post wat want about ne thing. Have fun. I'll see u on the trailz. PEACE

Old 11-07-2001, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

I finally got my old Tecate fixed up & registered. Only took me a year. Now I need a place to ride it. Somebody from Blasdell told me about some trails in Hamburg off Pleasant Rd. between Rt.5 & Rt.20. I think I'll give it a try this weekend.

If anybody knows some cool trails anywhere here in WNY please let everyone know where to go.

Old 11-08-2001, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer

It was probably me who gave you the directions atvguy, I wont be there saturday but some friends will be. If you see a guy on a blk/wh raptor and/or a guy on a 350x trike, stop and say hi. We usually ride every sat. but I cant due to hunting season. As I said to them, you guys have fun & ride safe. I will be seein you out there after I get my deer :-) bob

Old 11-08-2001, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

Yes, you told me about riding over there. I might be able to get out this weekend, but with my luck I won't. I've got to get a new air cleaner now, but at least I have new brakes and headlights.

Old 11-09-2001, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

so who here knows what the deal is with the trail that runs along the 90 in hamburg? where does it run from/to? is it a 'legal' trail or not? thanks in advance.

Old 11-10-2001, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys. I just bought some land near Macedon (about a half hour east of Rochester). We built a small track there and have fun just about every weekend. I am always looking for new places to ride near Rochester, but may be selling my tecate to get a new machine. Where is Hamburg?

Old 11-10-2001, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Phipps,

The trails along the 90 are not legal to ride on. If the DEC or State troopers stop you on the trails, you will be fined for trespassing. I used to ride those trails, they run from Willet Rd. down past Camp Rd. They are the snowmobile trails that are ridden in the winter.

I was stopped a couple months ago by the DEC and was given a ticket for not displaying my license plate and ended up costing me $50. My friend did not have his quad registered or insured and ended up paying $135 in fines after he got it registered and insured. I stay off of those trails now since I don't need to shell out any more money.

I was wondering if anyone is riding Thanksgiving morning or the next day? I am lookin to ride some new trails in the area and I really don't want to go anywhere where I will disturb anyone hunting. I haven't been to Pleasant Ave yet so that may be a possibility but I need directions and a place to park.

Old 11-11-2001, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am from kansas,but will be moving to the batavia-rochester area in the next couple of months and would like to know of legal riding areas,and also race tracks that run quads.

Old 11-12-2001, 09:18 AM
Trailblazer

Welcome to Western New York. We have a great club here called NYTRO, New York Trail Riders Organization. There are chapters across the state and each has club trails. You can find NYTRO right here in the club section.

I live near Buffalo but I heard there are some good trails near Alexander which isn't too far from Rochester. We have some great winter riding here, which I love since power sliding is what ATVing is all about[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...

Old 11-12-2001, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

dr susz

Pleasant is easy to find, but where would you be coming from? Go to Yahoo maps and search for Pleasant Rd., Hamburg NY, 14075. The riding area is between Rt.s 5 & 20 right near the RR tracks. Parking can be found east of the tracks along the south side of the road.

I rode there last Sat. but I didn't have time to explore everything. I plan to go back soon. There is a sharp turn in the roadway just east of the tracks. The main trail entrance is right near a big yellow arrow pointing the way on the road. It's only about 5 miles from my house so I plan to go back often[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]...

Quick Reply: WNY Riderz Topic(4 wny riderz only)