Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Long Island ATV tracks

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 12:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone been to Island Motocross Of NY in Yaphack, Long Islang? How is it? Anyone ever visited LIORV track or Westhampton Speedway track?

Old 12-06-2003, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Long Island ATV tracks

Heard the track is on approx. 5 acres of land. I'm picking up a couple of atv's on the 20th, and the dealer told me about the spot to ride. Have been riding with my brother in law at other illlegal spots, but decided to purchase land in upstate NY so the entire family would have a place to ride, camp, hike, and hunt etc. Havn't been to the track in manorville, but 5 acres is pretty small when you try to cram all of LI atv riders on it at the same time(open only on weekends I heard). Maybe some day, the politicians here on the island will allocate some of my hard earn taxes to a ATV Park! Oh well, good luck to you if you go and enjoy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

I pretty much gave up on riding on Long Island years ago, the only places we rode were illegal to ride at and we had to bring the pickup into the woods do a fast unload and then cover the truck in brush and take off and ride the whole time far from the truck. then haul *** back to the truck , quick load, uncover, watch for cops and get the heck out, they would literally watch for you on the highway if you had any atvs and follow you to see where you were going.
Too much drama.
I bought a home with some land in Sullivan County NY, its less than 2 hours away ( 115 miles) and I keep the atvs there and combined with my neighbor I have over 300 acres to ride on. Now my kids wont be evading cops and outraged horse riders and mountain bikers, cause anyone on my land is now tresspassing and we can ride with no hassles.
Long Island also regulated the fun right out of Jet Skis too, They were a nice shot at some freedom for a while till everyone started complaining, I sold them out too. Seems like any time you try for some fun in the outdoors ( motor sports anyway) someone will find a way to tell you NO.
I wont even get into the traffic stops in oceanside that took all the fun out of my Harley.

Old 12-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

I agree the island is not motorsport friendly. We have a cabin in Ulster County on the Esopus river to enjoy the Sea Doo's (once and awhile in the LI Sound). The Harley is enjoyed further out east where friends and I live. Purchased 100 acres in Bershire NY to do the quading and hunting etc. Tell you want, had fun with the kids yesterday in the snow riding the go kart. Two seater, so took the kids for one heck of a ride!! Well so much for LI quad riding, wont take the chance of exposing the kids to illegal activities. I read an artcle a few months back that over 6000 atv are sold a year here on the island. So where do the politicians xpect us to ride? Of course we search out spots to ride illegally, not that I approve, but do understand the issue. Later and good luck riding!!!

Old 12-07-2003, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

I wont even get into the traffic stops in oceanside that took all the fun out of my Harley.
What is so fun about riding an overpriced, underpowered chrome vibrator?

Old 12-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im ticked off that I cant be upstate this weekend, Im in the process of moving so I dont have time, but you are right about go carts in the snow, I have 2 85 honda odyssey 350s and MAN WHAT A BLAST in open fields in snow ( up to a couple inches anyway) !!!! You can make yourself sick from donuts !!!! Im going to hate parting with one of them but Im gonna need the $$$ if I hope to buy a rhino ( I think that age ( 42) is playing a big factor in the choice of the rhino, but who cares ! It looks like a lotta fun !
And now I can try some donuts with a passenger along for the ride !
Paul

Old 12-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh, in regards to the Harley, it was my brothers, he died in 1988 at the age of 22 and his bike was in pieces in the garage. Me and some friends put it all back together the way he would have wanted it done. I used to ride it to work and take it to the cemetary , even had the tombstone made up with the bike on it. He loved that bike. Funny, its been sitting in the garage for years without being used, and I was thinking of selling it, but you know what, I put gas and a new battery in it and put air in the tires and changed the oil and she fired up and I took it out for a ride and remembered what it was all about all over again, so say what you will, I dont know too many bikes that can sit , untended, for 8 years without draining the gas or taking out the battery or putting some oil in the cylinders that you can just basically add gas and a battery and take out and run it. Although that damn hayabusa is interesting and the Ducatis sure are nice looking and sounding..........sometimes you just get attached to something

Old 12-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

You might want to try LIORV.ORG Go to the website. We have a small track in Monorville 125.00 membership not a supercorss track like the one in Yapank. Good for bikes and sport quads and the kids.