Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ever been to Land Between the Lakes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2002, 06:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everybody!

Just wandering if anybody has ever ridden at Land Between the Lakes? Me and a few buddies are planning on making a spring trip there in a couple of months. If anybody has any suggestions such as, Best time to go, Or where to stay, Or best trails to hit, please let me know. We will probably be staying there for 2 or 3 days. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-18-2002, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you will love it. We ride there several times a year. It is rocky the closer you get to the lake and less the farther away. There is a trail map the indicates the main trial and loops which are fun but can get busy. The most fun I have is when we fill the tanks up and just get lost in the back trails for a while, sooner or later you always find a main trail. Just carry the trail map with you.
Have a great time, wish I could ride with you guys down there.

Old 01-18-2002, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

Forgot to tell you, Cadiz or Aroura is the closest towns. Cadiz does have a small Kawasaki shop and I think Murray KY has a shop as well and is a big town. There are a couple of great places to eat in Grand Rivers which is north on the TRACE from turkey bay about 25 miles (Iron Kettle and Patty's). Not sure where to stay, we stay with family.

Old 01-23-2002, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I went to land between the lakes last memorial day. There were a ton of people there, although since this was the first time I don't know what it is usually like. Even with all the people it did not seem really crowded.

There are quite a few places to stay in aroura. I fish tournaments on Kentucky and Barkley lake during the summer and always stayed at the Ken Oak. They have some nice big, clean cabins. Hope this helps.

Old 01-23-2002, 10:44 PM
Trailblazer

I ride at Turkey Bay a couple times a month. I would stay in Cadiz, more lodging and places to eat. I believe that it is about 15 miles from LBL. The trails are all rock near the river, skid plates a must. There are many, many trails and a few nice hill climbs. I think that it is about 7000 acres of riding. Any holiday weekend is a huge party, but you can easily find secluded spots. Memorial Day is my preferred time to go, it is really a MADHOUSE that weekend. The quads park at sundown, but it is usually lots of fun to sneak away and hang out at the water tower. A lot of folks camp on the holidays. The drunks really show up at night, but that is part of the fun. Ride all day, Party all night. Drop me a email before you guys leave.

2001 Blk/Wht Raptor, WB E-series Silencer, Pro Design Filter, TMM Race Cam, 11:1 Hi-comp Piston, Port/Polish, Eliminator Dura Blue Axle, TMM +2/+1
A-arms, AC Nerf Bars, 12 Tooth, Trailtech, Red Saranwrap Headlights(hehe)

Old 01-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] What kind of riding dose LBL have.IS it open year around.Is there places to camp.WHAT would do better there my raptor or the rancher. Are there lots of speed and jumps.

Old 01-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Range Rover

LBL is very fun to ride TONS of trails hills and mud. We went the weekend after Thanksgiving good time. We saw mostly sport quads but either one would be very fun to ride there. Some of the hill climbs are really rocky and rutted out. There are a couple diffrent places at Turkey Bay you can set up tents and campers. Down by the lake they have a 24hour generator camping area. I have a few pics of LBL most of them havent gotten developed yet cause I need to take more pictures.

Old 01-24-2002, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

You can camp almost anywhere at LBL, mostly primitive campsites. Just drag the firewood out of the woods, and fire it up. I ride my raptor there, but any quad or cycle would be a great choice. Along the river, several mud pits can be found. There are a few jumps, but mostly just low/high speed trails. You can ride all year long. The cost is $15 for a 3 day pass or $45 for a yearly pass. You will not be disappointed. Hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Range Rover

That's what I was wandering. Should I take the Banshee or the Prairie. Will probably head down in April. Just as soon as its warm enough to camp out at night. Good Luck to all!

Old 01-25-2002, 07:35 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, it is open year round. I have been there on Christmas and New Years and it is open.

Dennis C,
I live up North but spend alot of time in Greencastle, so we are pretty close. Do you know Rob Bell how raced GNCC this year? I would take the banshee. The trails are fairly open, even the back trails.

Nick