Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New York Ridin

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New York Ridin

Has anyone tried nytroatv.org they hav 5 or 6 clubs and places in NY to go riding [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also try NYriders.com

Old 06-05-2003, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New York Ridin

for those of you around the NYC area, i live in bayside and theres a place to ride a few blocks from me. its not legal, but its deep in the woods and people ride there all the time. i even ride my kawi there on the streets, never been bothered. its in bayside, coming east take the LIE to the clearview, get off at 75th ave exit (#2 or 3, cant remember). make a left at the light on the off ramp. go past first light (hollis hills terrace), some ballfields will be on your right. go 1 block to second light, make a left (210th st.), go to 65th avenue i think it is. look for the entrance on your left. just park and unload on the street. ride in there, there are some trails and one huge jump if you can find it. keep going on that trail tho, and youll come to a bridge that crosses the Clearview. go across that and theres a huge area to ride in with jumps, a semicircle track, lots of space. its worth about an hours drive id say, not more tho. gets tiring after 2 or 3 hours, but if youre in the area, great place to ride. if you need more info, drop me an email.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default New York Ridin

I have not heard of the pass, all of those atv clubs are really far north for us guys in the hudson valley. I'm about an 1.5 drive from NYC all the clubs seem to be near canada. Anything for us lower NY guys.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:59 AM
Range Rover
Default New York Ridin

hey Zig - go to www.trailpass.com. They just started posting info and have over 10000 acres with hundreds of miles of trails. Renss county is included. I don't have a trailer yet, but I'll will surely be buying a trailpass when I get transportation!

Old 06-06-2003, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default New York Ridin

nyvforce,
it's suppose to be nice on sunday. do you and your buddies want to meet up with me and my buddy for a ride somewhere. we can meet you wherever you want to go. let me know. post here or e-mail me at simnat99@netscape.net. talk to you soon. later, jw

Old 06-07-2003, 02:36 AM
Trailblazer
Default New York Ridin

Originally posted by: realeac
I am interested in those riding areas you know about.
I live in Clifton Park.
I also will need to know if there is a safe parking spot that i can unload my atv in.

Let me know.

Thanks.
Clifton Park, hmmmmmmmm I used to live there in the 80's and they had tons of riding back then... the big place to ride was on plank road. That is when I had a 200x....... you just brought me down memory lane.........

Old 06-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default New York Ridin

memento, This trail pass thing is the best thing that could ever happen to NY state. This is exellent news for us. It's about time that this type of thing happened....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm joining ASAP. Thanks for the news memento, We have to get together sometime to do some riding.

Old 06-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default New York Ridin

Sunday we had quite a ride near the Mass border, Kinda near Burden Lake area. Damn we had FUN! We had 8 guys riding and let me tell ya,It was a blast. Next weekend we are going to try it again with a few more riders we hope.

Old 06-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New York Ridin

ok when you get to orange and rockland in middletown it is on a dead end well go down the trail and u will make your first left down a little hill kind of steep and then it will bring you out by cyclemotion go across the street and u will cut across the field (follow the trail) it will bring you to anothere road(mcveigh-sorry for the spelling) go on the trail and amke a left go all the way down and u will go over a really scary bridge keepm going and then you will come to another road if u look to your left you will see a little old store keep going down the trails and you will go over a nother rr bridge and then u will have to cross yet another bridge keep following the trail you might find some water just keep going and finally wou will end up on a road if u wool to your left you will see a big fence make a right down the road that u ended up on and keep going down you will fine them there

if u need more directions just ask

Old 06-16-2003, 08:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default New York Ridin

For local Capital District ATVers check in here. ---------> capital district atv zone <---------

Quick Reply: New York Ridin