Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Places around Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 01:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there!

I'm wondering where there are places to ride around the Atlanta, GA area. I'm talking trail riding and I'd also like to to know there are areas where people could ride on dunes. I've always wanted to go blasting across the dunes and when I get a ATV hopefully I'll be able to.

Thanks in advance!

Ted

PS - I'm also talking about different states around the area of GA also. So, for example, if there is a fun place to ride up in TN I'm game for suggestions of that nature.

Old 02-04-2002, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

So, does anybody have any info for me? Don't currently have an ATV yet but before I get one I'd like to do some research on the places that I can ride it around my area.

Thanks!

Ted

Old 02-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tedj, there are many areas in and around GA, however, during the winter months most of these in the north Ga area are closed until April 1st. We currently ride at Town Creek outside GREENSBORO GA. We have an ATV club started for the entire state of GA. I t is called Peachstate ATV RIDERS, and it is on the internet. Look us up we are located just outside Lawrencreville in Hoschton.

Ricky Adams
GA POSSUM PATROL
Peachstate Atv Riders

Old 02-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer

<< Tedj, there are many areas in and around GA, however, during the winter months most of these in the north Ga area are closed until April 1st. We currently ride at Town Creek outside GREENSBORO GA. We have an ATV club started for the entire state of GA. I t is called Peachstate ATV RIDERS, and it is on the internet. Look us up we are located just outside Lawrencreville in Hoschton.

Ricky Adams
GA POSSUM PATROL
Peachstate Atv Riders
>>

Thanks for the info Ricky! Where abouts on the internet would I be able to find int about Peachstate ATV RIDERS? Something for me to look into later on.

After thinking about it for a bit I bet north of the Atlanta area there some great places to ride. I've heard that north of Atlanta (or as you call it North GA) that there are mountains and that could make for some great trail riding.

Not currently set up for a ATV yet but eventually here I'm hoping to get something like a 400ex. I think it would be a great trail riding 4 wheeler and I also have some experience with one of them. I use to ride my cousin's 250x and loved that four wheeler. Hoping the 400ex is similar to it but with more power. That I think would make for a fun 4 wheeler.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Old 02-05-2002, 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Tedj, our address is http://www.geocities.com/peachstateatvriders/indexhtml

We started last June and have still been organizing. we have ridden Telico as well as Brown Mtn, both which are in North Carolina, as well as locuast stake orv and whissenant and town creek orv, all of these and many more are listed on the USFS website. Mnany of our folks are riding at Culloden every other weekend. Hopwfully this info will help you to contact more GAriders.

Old 02-06-2002, 10:13 AM
Range Rover

If you want to drive a few hours, come up to TN and visit Coal Creek. It is about 20 miles west of Knoxville, just outside of Oliver Springs and offers 72,000 acres of riding.

For more information visit the website.