Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Red Top, MN

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002 | 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Knee
oh
mad
gee
Knee
oh
mad
gee
from
the land
of sky
blue waters and the streams of kick-your-buttus come the quads of mud and swamp-a-fungus...

Lets do it. But unlike last year - lets call the place and let them know how many will be stopping by for lunch! They might want to staff up for the day and we can get out of there in less than 2 hours.

And... bring your own gas! The gas last year was full of water. Many deaths..

And... this year we will start out as a group and not get split up into 2 or three all going different (opposite - yikes!) directions right?

"Dances with Mud"

Old 03-14-2002 | 01:03 AM
|
Pro Rider

the Hitchin Post was called ahead of time last year, but they weren't equipped for that many riders form the way it looked. There would be a courtesy call placed in the event we go. But it's looking like this is going to happen. I will spread the word about the change of location after I make some phone calls to verify the trail will be open. I will also post back here when I learn more.

Old 03-14-2002 | 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

I'm up for that. May have 3-4 with me like last year. I hope we show up on time though this time. As far as everyone sticking together, maybe if the Scramblers and wahoos wouldn't drive like it is a Motocross race we could all stay together. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Would be nice to find some mud, being that last year there wasn't a lick! My group showed up with more mud from the weekend than we hit on the Nemadji trails last year. I really liked the scenery on the northern part of the Nemadji though.

Oh ya, no more hitting trees this year guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2002 | 01:33 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

LOL Scram! Will probably be up there that weekend, but not for sure yet. I will know more when it gets closer. If I am up there maybe we could hook up for a drink or two. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
later

Old 03-17-2002 | 12:05 AM
|
Pro Rider

I have a call in to the regional office again to verify the trails in the Nemadji will be open on time this year. If so, I plan on riding there instead. Sounds as though there is enough interest. I will post back as soon as I hear back from the DNR to find out how many takers we will have.

Old 03-17-2002 | 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a plan to me!

Old 03-18-2002 | 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

WOOOOO, I wanna go!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2002 | 11:09 AM
|
Pro Rider

the ride is on in the Nemadji state forest. Pass the word around. There is only a couple weeks to go. Post back on the number of riders you will have so we can call ahead to the Hitchin' Post for lunch.

Old 03-20-2002 | 02:25 PM
|
Pro Rider

didn't have time to post everything earlier. The designated trails are open on the 1st. The person I talked to said that the rest of them we won't know until that weekend depending on the outcome of the bull%^& publicity and what our legislators will do before then. If anyone is still interested, let me know. But from the looks of it, the only definite trail that will be open is the Gandy Dancer.

Old 03-20-2002 | 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Never been there, what's the trail like?

Lep7mm, you bringing a kid on that Scrambler 90?

I'm considering coming and bringing a kid or two.